[accesscomp] Re: receipt showing message unread and deleted

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:31:34 -0600

Why not? Up and down arrow through the list of messages. Find one and press the delete key. It will be snet to the deleted messages folder unopened. If you hold the shift key and press delete, the message will be deleted, bypassing the deleted messages folder. You will be asked first if you are sure you want to delete the message if you do this in Outlook Express.

I don't know if this can be done if you use the viewpane, but if the viewpane is not displayed, you can delete any message without opening it. Who wants to open obvious spam and be annoyed with the time wasted in doing so. I have one account I almost never use and just about the only mail it receives is spam. Off and on, I download the mail, move quickly through the message list to make sure I'm not missing anything that is not spam, then select all and delete everything at once. I usually don't open anything.

Other e-mail programs, not just Outlook Express let you delete mail without opening it. It is a standard ability.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sherri" <flmom2006@xxxxxxxxx>