[accesscomp] Re: question about voting and elections? (blind related)

  • From: "Kevin M. Jackson" <kmjacksonsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:18:17 -0500

The last time, which was about 1 year ago, I voted at a polling place here in Austin, TX, I called my county voters registration office to make sure they had voting machines that are accessible. They had them and what it was is a desk top machine that had several buttons and one rotating dial. The buttons were enter, reset, next and I believe that may have been it. After selecting the enter button the first time, a voice came over the headphones and explained how the machine worked. It brought me to each selection on the ballot and by rotating the dial, I was able to select either the person I was voting for or I was able to indicate yes or no on the issue on the ballot. When completed with my voting the machine then recapped the selections I made and offered me the chance to submit the selections or make changes. The machine worked better than I thought.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>