[accesscomp] Re: problem with sound not coming from headphones

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:52:06 -0600

It should also be pointed out that your speakers may have an earphone jack
built into the speakers somewhere.  This may not be obvious and you may
need a sighted person to look for the Jack on the speakers.  I've seen
such jacks that fit standard headphone plugs that feel nothing like what
you would expect and that you would not  be aware of unless a sighted
person found them.  If such a jack exists, then you don't have to purchase
a cable with volume controls or a switch box.  You can just plug the
headphones into the speakers and set the volume using the speaker's own
volume control. You leave the speakers attached to the computer and the
headphones get their sound by being attached to the speakers.

Gene