[accesscomp] Re: notes on wireless keyboard

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 05:21:33 -0400 (EDT)

There is something else that crossed my mind after my last posting
yesterday evening.
One of the nice things when looking at shopping sites such as Amazon is
that many of them have a user review area where you can find mini
overviews of the product from users.
For example, as I write this, there are 104 such overviews/reviews on
Amazon for the Microsoft wireless 3000.  By reading enough of these, one
can get a good feel for the product prior to ordering or buying it.
Hence, I like looking at things such as this even if I intend to buy
something locally.  Newegg is another shopping site that has plenty of
user feedback on many products carried.
In most instances, you will find them linked right on the product page.
And then, of course, one can find extensive product descriptions from the
manufacturer and sometimes even links to owner manuals and specification
sheets.
Hence, one can often get quite a lot of info and feedback on something
while window shopping.
Granted, one doesn't know the biases of certain users; but putting them
all together along with sometimes reading the reviews of an individual on
another product can help with this.
Amazon assists with this by providing a link labeled

see all my reviews

which takes you to a page which gives a given writer's complete Amazon
review catalog.

Addressing an offlist question:  I have purchased my active usb extension
cables from Newegg on several occasions
www.newegg.com.
These will cost, depending on sales and the like, in the range of $10-15
per 16.5 ft cable.

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
         When it is in your power to do it.
--Proverbs 3:27 (NASB)