[accesscomp] Re: looking to purchase a del laptop

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:40:16 -0600

what do you mean with good audio codecs. You can install any audio codecs you need but don't have. Any standard Windows installation will let you listen to audio using players such as Media Player, Winamp, etc. I haven't checked this but I expect the codecs are part of the players and are installed when the players are installed. Why do you specifically want a Dell. I am not advocating purchasing or not purchasing a Dell. I am saying that there are other brands that are just as good and you may save money if you buy a reputable machine on sale. You may find a machine with the specifications as far as power and speed you want at considerably less than 600 dollars if you purchase a machine that is deeply discounted. We don't know if you are purchasing from a store or in some other way. Unless this is not possible or practical, I would recommend purchasing from a store with a good return policy so you can returnb the machine if you don't like it for some reason. It is usually far more convenient to return a computer to a physical store than ship it somewhere and it may be cheaper as well. I don't think the company pays the shipping costs.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "thao vy" <thaovyngu@xxxxxxxxxxx>