[accesscomp] Re: hot key command for JAWS

  • From: "David Whitehead" <d.h.whitehead@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:27:48 -0400

Hello there;

hopefully this will help you.

creating a shortcut or hot key

There are several ways of doing this,

the 2 most widely used are probably from the desktop, or the start menu.

From the desktop:

1. select the item you wish to create a hotkey for, and press, alt enter, to

open the properties.

2. When the properties open, you should be on the, shortcut, tab.

3. Tab until you come to, shortcut key, hotkey none.

Here just press the letter, or number you wish to use for your hotkey

4. Tab until you come to the, apply button, and press enter to apply the

change.

5. Tab until you come back to the, shortcut key, hotkey field, and you

should hear your selection confirmed.

6. If you are satisfied with your choice, press enter to close the dialogue.

You are done.

From the Start menu:

This method involves a few more steps, but works equally as well.

I'll use setting a hotkey for Jaws as an example.

1. Go to programs, and locate the Jaws folder.

2. Press enter to open the folder, and arrow to Jaws.

3. Press the applications key and arrow to properties, and press enter.

Note: the application key can be found just to the left of the right control

key on a standard keyboard.

4. You should be on the shortcut tab, so tab to,shortcut key, hotkey none.

5. Press the letter, or number you would like to use, and then tab to the

apply button, and press enter to apply the change.

6. Tab back to the, shortcut key, hotkey field to confirm your selection.

7. If you are satisfied with your choice, press enter to close the dialogue.

You are done.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcus Williams" <marcus72@xxxxxxx>