[accesscomp] help in setting up microphone.

  • From: "Sue Ward" <groovy41@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Accessible Computing" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:08:23 -0400

Hello glad I joined this list. I was wondering how do you set up the microphone
on my computer I have done everything as far as checking the boxes that I am
supposed to and still I can not hear anything when I speak in to the mic. I did
sign up for-the-people.com, would love to get in to the chat rooms, when I do,
I hit the left control on my keyboard and when I do say hello or something like
that, can not hear myself, in fact I even checked the volume controls and they
are up the mic is turned on and I did have my husband check out the jacks am
pretty sure the mic is plugged in, and am using a headset with a microphone
attached to it, the only thing is it did cost around 20 dollars, any
suggestions as to what would work out better? My computer is pretty new does
have a multi channel sound card am running windows xpsp3 this computer does
have a really fast processor Intel Pentium 4 plus a 1 GB hard drive with 512
megs of ram and am using window eyes 6.1. Thanks for your help.
Click to shop and compare great deals on new vehicles.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3nd6NFcW417r3BUmHlpHNG5Ym4Z64y4sr6Q8EBavOGOUWcjc/