[accesscomp] Re: computer question

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:25:04 -0600

You haven't defined the problem sufficiently. What do you mean, you can't click on links. Are you saying you don't hear the word link spoken when you move to the link and you can't tab to the link as you would on a web page? If so, you are reading mail as plain text. In Outlook Express, at least in the XP Service Pack 2 version, the default is to read mail as plain text. You do not see any links identified as links when you do this and you can't click on them. You need to read mail as html to see links identified as links and to be able to click on them. In the Service Pack 2 version of Outlook Express, you can read a message as html by opening it and using the command alt shift h to change the way the currently opened message is read from plain text to html. I don't know what you can do in Windows Mail, which is the program that replaced Outlook Express in vista. You can try this command and see what happens or you can look through the view menu to see if the same command is present but with a different short cut command. You can also set all mail to be read as html in the settings for how mail is read. In Outlook Express, this setting is found by opening the tools menyu and opening the options dialog from there. Then shift tab once, right arrow until you get to the read tab, then start tabbing until you find the appropriate setting. Change it and then activate the ok button. I don't know if these instructions match the interface in Windows Mail. You'll have to look around. I've just looked at the setting in OUtlook Express and it is a checkbox. It says, read all messages as plain text. If it is checked, all mail will be read as plain text. If it isn't, mail will be read as html. Again, you can leave this setting checked and use alt shift h as described above if that command applies to Windows Mail.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "arlene" <nedster6@xxxxxxxxx>