[accesscomp] Re: braille blazer.

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 16:16:16 -0700

So you have a few problems here.

First, USB on it's own is not compatible with parallel.  USB uses a serial type
connection and parallel obviously uses parallel.  Parallel is very old school.
I haven't used a parallel printer since 1990 or so.  Now, they may make a
parallel to USB adapter but I doubt this would be very usable.  One thing you
might be able to do is install a SERIAL / Parallel port card in your PC.  These
cost sub $15 and include a serial port and parallel port which would work.

HTH