[accesscomp] Re: backing up a hard drive

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 07:05:02 -0600

What kind of backup do you want to do?  If your intent is to do nothing
but make copies of certain files and not update the files in the future,
then all you need is an external hard drive.  You would not need a backup
program to do this.  If your intention is to back up files and update
them on some sort of schedule with new versions of files replacing old
versions on some sort of automated schedule, then you will want to use
some sort of back up program where you can schedule backups and have them
automated.  Until we get more information, we can't recommend which method
of backing up material would be suitable.

Gene