[accesscomp] Re: advice on easy to use sound editing program

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:03:30 -0600

Here is the link to download the zip folder.
http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=2a4e152005098c40e46de5ed16f3279f
Look for the download button almost at the bottom of the page. Activate it with the space bar to begin the download. When you extract the files, you will have two folders, one is the tutorial folder and the other is the folder for the program. I don't know what version of windows you have and I don't know if this version of Mp3 Direct Cut runs in Vista or Windows 7. I know it runs in Windows XP. It is an older version of the program. I sent that version because it is the version the tutorial was created using. Later versions have minor differences but once you know how to use this version, you can do almost all of the things in later versions in the same way. The append feature was removed from later versions. Later versions do a little more but if this version runs on your computer, for your purposes, recording and editing, it doesn't matter if you use a later version. I have included the lame encoder file in the program folder so you don't have to place it there. the tutorial may tell you to place the lame encoder file there but, as I said, I've already done so before zipping the program. It will work when you unzip it. Let me know which version of windows you are using because you will need to learn how to work with the Windows volume control to determine what source you are recording from if you don't already know. the volume control is different in vista and windows 7 than in earlier versions of Windows. This needs to be addressed in discussion unless you already know how to use the windows Volume control to determine the recording source and set the volume for that source.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcus Williams" <marcus72@xxxxxxx>