[accesscomp] Thunderbird was: Dan's tip

  • From: Robert Logue <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 20:38:33 -0600

I didn't know there was a per message settting for return receipts. Thanks for another good tip.

I use Thunderbird and it also has Return Receipt in the message editor window: Options Alt+p then t, toggles Return Receipt on or off.

Bob

BTW:  Am I highjacking the topic?  I'll change the subject.

On 9/25/2012 11:36 AM, Bob Acosta wrote:
     Does Anyone Open My Emails?

Did you ever wonder if anyone actually opened your email?  Here's a way to
confirm that your email was delivered and to be informed of when an email
was opened by the recipient.  This is only going to work in the full
version
of Microsoft Outlook but other email systems might have similar options.

   1..  Start a new email by Pressing control plus the letter n or clicking
on "New."  Fill in the "TO:" line and type up your email.
   2.. Before you send your email
a.  From the keyboard, press alt plus f and arrow down to  "options" and
press enter. One could alternatively press the letter t in Outlook ten or
letter I in Outlook 2007 to reach the options choice.

b.  If using a mouse, click on options.

c.  Arrow down once to "mail." If using a mouse, highlight the same choice.

d. Tab across to "tracking."  You land on a checkbox.  If you want a read
receipt, press the spacebar to check this box.

e.  Press enter for okay.  You are placed back into your in-box.

3.  Now try sending yourself an email and see what happens.

how this works.  You will notice that when someone opens an email like this
they get a message about sending a read receipt to the sender.  You should
be aware that the recipient will be aware that you are tracking when they
open your email.

Dan Thompson
dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx>
this message has been scanned with microsoft security essentials

Robert Acosta, President
Helping Hands for the Blind
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Web Site: www.helpinghands4theblind.org
<http://www.helpinghands4theblind.org>
You can assist Helping Hands for the Blind by donating your used
computers to us. If you have a blind friend in need of a computer,
please mail us at the above address.