[accesscomp] Re: Text document to CD

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:21:16 -0600

There may be some sort of program you can get that will allow you to add material but I know almost nothing about such programs. What is usually done is that the document is simply burned as it is and then later, when it changes, you burn the document to the cd again. You can use the same name. the space on the cd will decrease as you burn the document over again. The older document is not removed but the newer one is burned to the cd and the information about what files are on the cd is altered so that only the new file is seen when you look at available files on the disk. CDS have something like 700mb storage capacity. You will use up space very slowly when burning documents. If you purchase cds from good quality manufacturers on sale, you won't pay much for cds. I haven't priced them for quite some time but I doubt you will pay more than fifty cents for one cd. You don't need rewriteable cds for this purpose and rewriteable cds are more expensive and less reliable. You could put hundreds or more documents on one cd if you didn't keep rewriting the same document. My point is that it will cost you almost nothing to use a cd to burn the document, then burn it again later after you have made changes.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Lorah" <donlorah@xxxxxxxxxxx>