[accesscomp] Teletender telephone system

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:40:23 -0800

TeleTender is an automated phone service, it can follow your commands and
serve your needs over the phone. To access the service, just dial one of the
phone numbers.

List of services:

Facebook

TeleTender can read friend updates to you, or you can post comments or
updates using your own voice, etc. To start, please visit TeleTender
Facebook App to link your Facebook account with your TeleTender account.
Email

You can use TeleTender to send a voice email, or let TeleTender read your
emails to you over the phone. Voice Chat Room, Conference

You can meet and talk with other users in the voice chat rooms. There are
regional chat rooms for each area code. You can also create your own chat
rooms, and optionally set passcode to control who can join. News

TeleTender can read latest news to you over the phone. Weather

Providing weather forecasts based on zip code, or city and state. Web
Browsing

TeleTender has an embedded screen reader to read web pages for you over the
phone. You can navigate to other pages by clicking a link, or fill and
submit forms, etc. Alarm and Reminder

Like the wake up call service offered by hotels, you can ask TeleTender to
call you back at a particular time. You can record a short message to be
played back when the system call you.

TeleTender phone numbers:

(216) 539-3950

(305) 507-1080

(323) 395-2825

(360) 200-5507

(518) 688-0680

(847) 752-6767

If you want a local number in your area code, please send an email to:
numbers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Do I need a smartphone to access your service?

You can use any phone to access our service. Either a land-line phone or a
cellphone would be fine, as long as it can make a phone call. To start, you
can dial one of the phone numbers listed here.

How do I interact with the service? Can I use phone pad to perform all the
tasks?

You can use either voice commands, or you can use phone pad to perform all
the tasks. If background noise is interfering the service, you can also turn
off voice recognition, by pressing the star or asterisk key twice. To resume
voice recognition, you can double press the star or asterisk key again.

Some web pages are not quite accessible using my screen reader. Can
TeleTender read those web pages for me?

Most likely yes. TeleTender use our own algorithms to get the texts from web
page. Anything visible on the web browser will be read out, even for those
web pages that were not accessible. That being said, web pages designed with
accessibility in mind still have a better browsing experience.

What are the limitations of TeleTender?

If a web page contains links to word document, PDF files, etc., TeleTender
can't download the documents and read the them, even if you click the link.

Also, using TeleTender, you can't hear sounds played from the browser.

How does the reminder work?

The reminder service allows you to specify a time, and TeleTender will call
you at that specified time. You can record a voice message when you create
the reminder, so when you get the call, the message will be played, and you
know what this reminder is about.

Can I use a different phone number for receiving the reminder?

You can change the phone number for receiving reminder. However, you need to
register that phone number with your account first. See below FAQ to learn
how to add a new phone number to your account.

I got a new phone number. How can I add the new number to my TeleTender
account?

Firstly, ensure that you have set a passcode for your account, and enable
logon from other phones.

Then use your new phone to call the TeleTender, and logon to your account by
providing your old phone number and passcode. Then you can register the new
phone in the settings menu.

Once the new phone number is registered, you can remove the old phone number
from your account.

Do I need a passcode to access my TeleTender account? Can I access it using
my friend's phone?

By default, the system checks the caller ID, and allows you to logon if it
matches with the original caller ID used when the account was created. For
better protection, you can set a passcode in the settings menu, and ask the
system to check passcode while logon.

By default, you can't logon to your account from other phones. If needed,
you can enable it in the settings menu. When you logon to your account from
other phones, the system will ask you to provide your own phone number and
your passcode.

I forgot my passcode, how to reset it?

When you logon, select the option to create a new passcode. The system will
call the phone number listed on your account to give you the new passcode.

How does the conference and chat room work?

With the conference and chat room service, you can talk with people in the
same chat room. There is a global chat room available to everybody. There
are regional chat rooms for each area code. You can also create your own
chat rooms. When you do that, optionally, you can add a PIN to the chat
room, thus only those who know the PIN can join the discussion.

How much does this service cost?

It is free.

We are seeking donations. If you are interested to contribute, or can help
to raise funds, please send an email to admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I still have questions. How do I get support?

If you are on TeleTender phone line, you can press zero to get contextual
help. Or, you can press zero zero to leave a voice message; once we have an
answer for your question, you will be able to hear it next time you dial in
to TeleTender.

Alternatively, you can send an email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

  _____

__._,_.___

zE0BGdycElkAzE0Njg1OTUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BG1zZ0lkAzk0OTEEc2VjA2Z0cgRzb
GsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzg5NzExOTU4?act=reply&messageNum=9491> Reply via web
post

<mailto:michael.zaken@xxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20A%20free%20automated%20pho
ne%20service%2E> Reply to sender

<mailto:PCB-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20A%20free%20automated%20phone%2
0service%2E> Reply to group

zE0BGdycElkAzE0Njg1OTUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3Rpb
WUDMTM4OTcxMTk1OA--> Start a New Topic

zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0Njg1OTUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BG1zZ0lkAzk0OTEEc2VjA
2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzg5NzExOTU4BHRwY0lkAzk0OTE-> Messages in this
topic (1)

Recent Activity:

dycElkAzE0Njg1OTUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMT
M4OTcxMTk1OA--> Visit Your Group

Join the MMD program of Pennsylvania Council of the Blind and help improve
tomorrow today in PCB.  For further information contact:
Tony Swartz, President, E-mail: tbswartz@xxxxxxx  Tel: 610-799-4565
or the PCB State Office:
E-mail: pcb1@xxxxxxxxxxxx Tel: 877-617-7407
Let's all help today for a brighter tomorrow!

jg1OTUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzg5NzExOTU4>
Yahoo! Groups

Switch to:
<mailto:PCB-L-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format
:%20Traditional> Text-Only,
<mailto:PCB-L-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
Daily Digest .
<http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/> Terms of Use .
<mailto:ygroupsnotifications@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20r
edesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1> Send us Feedback

.

http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1468595/grpspId=1705007709/msgId=
9491/stime=1389711958

Robert Acosta, President