[accesscomp] Skype

  • From: "Pat Hart" <pat.hart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 05:26:05 -0600

Hello, I was wonderinf about Skype and sending instant messages on it, I run a
Jaws screenreader and can't find an edit field for an im. It reads type your
message here but does not give me an edit field. When I tab to the conversation
panel it lists someone's instant messages but does not show me an edit field to
add to their or reply to theirs and skype says you can add yours to the bottom
of theirs, that you can type one to them and they will read it when they come
on line.. That is, if you don't type it while they are on line I assume.. Also,
do youhave to the conversation panel to type anim or can you just type it when
it says to type your message here like I said earlier  above.. Also, when a
person in your contact is on line, do you have to im them before you call them
or do theyhave to im you before you call them, do theyhave to send you an im
asking you to say something before they can talk to you if they call you? I am
new to skype and don't understand exactly how jit works andwent in and watched
the how to make a call video on it and it did not mention any of this.. If you
can't see the green light when someone is on line and you tab over and it shows
them as being on line, can you just try to call them then, or do you have to
send them an instant message first? Please write and explain this to me and how
I can catch someone on skype to talk to them when they show on line on the tab
in contact tab.. David, if you read this, please reply as you told me to ask
you if I needed help and I lost your contact info.. Thanks, Pat Dallas