[accesscomp] RSS Streams Not Automatically Updating

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:56:51 -0400 (EDT)

I am currently running IE8 on an XP Home Edition Service Pack 3.  I
routinely use the built-in RSS Reader in IE8 and find it easy to use.  I,
However, am experiencing a rather curious problem.
The Feeds do not automatically update themselves unless I refresh the page
the first time I access them when opening the reader.
Hitting f5 will update a given feed, but otherwise I see the display as it
was the last time I accessed that feed -- even if that be months ago.
The problem, in the above instance, I will not
be able to see the content that was in the feed between that last access
and recently.

Some IE8 setting, I am guessing, must be set incorrectly as I thought I
had it set to update feeds on a regular basis multiple times daily.

Anyone with any guess on this.

Thanks!

Christ and the Bible are the two impregnable forces upon which Christianity
stands
or falls.
Robert P. Lightner in "The Savior and the Scriptures"