[accesscomp] Re: Quick question regarding Jaws 10.

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:15:58 -0600

It should be noted that JAWS now has a 64 and a 32 bit version. You are running a 32bit version of Windows so if you download JAWS from the web site, make sure it is the 32 bit download. It would be useful if someone familiar with the following will answer. When you already have one version of JAWS authorized, do you have to authorize other versions or does the authorization cover all versions until you reach the end of your SMA upgrades? I know how the old authorization system worked in that respect but not the newer version.

As far as why you don't receive disks containing the program when a new full version is released, I don't know. I would recommend contacting Freedom Scientific and making sure if you are eligible for more upgrades or if your SMA needs renewing. You should receive a cd containing the new version of JAWS when it is released unless you have run out of SMA upgrades.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "Reginald George" <adapt@xxxxxxxxx>