[accesscomp] Re: Question about using Windows Live Mail.

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:58:19 -0500

The default setting is not to leave a copy on the server.  If you or
someone else changed it, here is how to change it to its original setting.

Are you familiar with Outlook Express?  the program is similar in its
design.  The following is almost literally the exact procedure followed in
Outlook Express.
Open accounts, alt t for the tools menu, then c for accounts.
Up and down arrow in the tree view until you find your account.  Stop
there.  Your account is selected.
Tab until you get to the properties button.
Press it with the space bar.
Shift tab once.
Right arrow until you get to advanced.
Start tabbing.
You will find a check box that says something like, leave a copy of
messages on server.
Uncheck it with the space bar if it is checked.
Tab to and activate the ok button.
You are now placed in a dialog you were in previously.  You closed the
properties dialog.  Tab to the close button and press the space bar.  The
setting is now changed and you are back in the main program window.

I gave a presentation for Accessible World in which I discussed the basics
of using Windows Live Mail and went a little beyond the basics.  You may
well benefit from listening to it.  The first part deals with Windows Live
Mail and the second with Thunderbird.  You can skip the second part, if
you wish.  The link to download the program is:
http://www.accessibleworld.org/content/tek-talk-presents-gene-asner-march-15-2010-gene-asner
Look for and follow the download link at the bottom of the page.

Gene