[accesscomp] Question about using Windows Live Mail.

  • From: "Nicole" <n.kahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access Comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:09:32 -0400

Hi everyone. This is for anyone who has experience with Windows Live mail and
Windows 7 Professional. Does anyone know how to set Windows Live Mail so that
when it downloads mail from your server/account it does not leave a copy of
each message in your inbox on the server?

I recently found out that my inbox online had come close to its full capacity
from the mail administrator even though I thought I was checking mail
regularly. Turns out that although I was downloading my messages and dealing
with them subsequently, my box online was still full of copies of the same
messages. That required me to then manually delete all those same messages
online since I'd already seen them. Is there a way to just download messages
and keep my online box clean and ready for new mail?

Hope this isn't a silly question. I tried looking in the help menu but it
wasn't helpful at all and I can't figure out where the setting might be to fix
this. Thank you to anyone who can help. Hope everybody is well.

Nicole