[accesscomp] Re: Problems with Vista & Jaws speech

  • From: "Pat Hart" <pat.hart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:54:10 -0500

Hi Tony, I just got off the phone from FS and got a real good tech support
person. She said that Real Speak disk provided with Jaws 10 version was still
32 bit, so we downloaded the 64 bit version of Real Speak, she said to try that
and see if it solves the losing speech problem with Jaws and this computer..
She used Eloquence to access my computer with her remote and then after we
downloaded Real Speak 64 bit, we went back and installed it and I am trying it
out now to see if it works better.. She has a service ticket for me and told me
to experiment with it for a while or a few days to see how it will act and then
if the problempersists as far as losing speech to call her back and she would
try something else, she didn't seem to think it was my new computer as she uses
Vista Ultimate with her job and runs REal Speak and Jaws 10 right now she
said.. So I will try this and see what happens.. Thanks, Pat