[accesscomp] Re: Problem ejecting SD card

  • From: "greenfly" <chris.miles2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 21:27:29 +0100

Dear Sherri,

I think the problem is that a SD card is a memory card not a piece of hardware.

I do not think you would usually close the memory card or any other sort of
card by using the device in the way you described.

The SD card should show up in My Computer as a drive letter and all you need to
do is close this drive and remove the card.

If your SD card fits in an adaptor before you put it in a slot provided on the
side of the laptop?, all you need to do is to insert it in the correct manner
in the adaptor before putting the SD card in the slot, afterwards the SD card
will still show up in your laptop under My Computer and all you have to do is
to open the device as before and choose the relevant file you wish to use.

To close the SD card just press ALT and F4, then remove the card from the
adaptor, etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Chris Miles.