[accesscomp] Phone as a modem was Re: Re: Need recommendations for a new notetaker

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 13:43:46 -0800

Yes absolutely. On my phone iI simply open internet sharing, select connect and then attach the phone to the pc via usb with a cable or via bluetooth. Then the computer uses the phone as a "modem" and connects to the Internet. The phone / adapter software on the pc is assigned a real IP address and off you go. Speeds range from 500K to 2 megabits and I have seen speeds up to 7 megabits. (very fast especially for mobile)

Works great  on trains or other mobile applications.

----- Original Message ----- From: "arlene" <nedster6@xxxxxxxxx>