[accesscomp] Leaving the list

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:01:28 -0600

I changed the subject line because the topic has nothing to do with the old subject line.

Because of a ridiculous bug in the Free List software, I have to write words such as sub scribe or un sub scribe with spaces in them in this message. If I don't, the list server thinks I am trying to send a command to the list and won't send my message to the list. It's the height of poor sloppy design for a list server not to be able to distinguish between a word in a message and a command.

Regarding your desire to leave the list, it is a bad idea to leave lists you intend to receive mail from in the future. You should go no mail instead. That will leave you sub scribed but it will mean that you will not receive mail until you tell the list server that you want to receive mail again. If you un sub scribe from lists, than on many lists, your sub scription request when you re subscribe will have to be approved by the moderator. This will mean unnecessary delay in you receiving mail and unnecessary work for the moderator.

If you need to know how to go no mail on various lists, ask the moderator or list owner off list how this is done if you know how to contact the owner or moderator. If you don't know, then ask on list. Un sub scribing is a bad idea for any list you intend to receive mail from in the future.

And, for future reference, everylist you sub scribe to sends a welcome message. The message contains information about how to un sub scribe from the list and often contains information about how to go no mail. You should keep welcome messages from lists in case you need the information in the future.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: devona able