[accesscomp] Re: Hard drive imaging software

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:07:09 -0700

Hi,
For that, the chief one I recommend would be GHOST (General Hardware Uriented Software Transfer) by Norton (and possibly similar applpications from other companies). The backup procedure is very accessible with JAWS (at least according to my tests); as restoration process does not load Windows during startup, one needs sighted assistance. Also, if you have Vista (or later), you can use Complete Windows PC Backup to backup your PC. When you need to restore it, you insert the Vista/7 DVD and choose restore option.
Cheers,
Joseph