[accesscomp] Fw: disabling the enabling prompt in Outlook Ten when opeing attachments, Dan's tip for May 13 2013

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 08:21:17 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 5:16 AM
Subject: disabling the enabling prompt in Outlook Ten when opeing attachments,
Dan's tip for May 13 2013

In Outlook Ten one is required to enable each attachment opened.  This then
allows editing of the text in that attachment.  However, this annnoying prompt
can be disabled for those wishing not to be prompted to enable an attachment.

This involves shutting off "attachment document previewers."

Below are the directions.

Shutting Off Enabling Prompt in Outlook ten

1.  Press alt plus the letter f.

2.  Press the letter t for "backstage" also called "options by some."

3.  Press the letter twice to reach "trust center."

4.  Press alt plus the letter t to open "trust center settings."

center settings, button" and press the

5.  Up arrow once to "attachment handling."

6.  Tab to the checkbox that says, "turn off attachment previews."

7.  This should not be checked.  Press the spacebar if this is checked to
uncheck it.

8.  Tab to the button that is labeld as "attachment document previewers."

9.  Press the spacebar and you are given a list of available previewers.
Uncheck all in this list.  JAWS does not let you know if the item is unchecked
or not.  So help from a sighted friend will be needed.

10.  Tab to okay and press the spacebar.

11.  Tab to okay again and press the spacebar.  You are  returned to the
in-box.

"Lord Jesus, grant this day, to direct and sanctify, to rule and govern our
hearts and bodies, so that all our thoughts, words and deeds may be according
to your Father's law and thus may we be saved and protected through your mighty
help."

Psalm 102:2-3,16-21

2 Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress!  Incline your ear to
me;  answer me speedily in the day when I call!
3 For my days pass away like smoke, and my bones burn like a furnace.
16 For the LORD will build up Zion, he will appear in his glory;
17 he will regard the prayer of the destitute, and will not despise their
supplication.
18 Let this be recorded for a generation to come, so that a people yet unborn
may praise the LORD:
19 that he looked down from his holy height, from heaven the LORD looked at the
earth,
20 to hear the groans of the prisoners, to set free those who were doomed to
die;
21 that men may declare in Zion the name of the LORD, and in Jerusalem his
praise

to ssubscribe, email dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with subscribe in the subject.

This email has been scanned by Microsoft Security Essentials