[accesscomp] Fw: deleting or leaving on server in Outlook Express

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:08:10 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:55 AM
Subject: deleting or leaving on server in Outlook Express

After sending out the post on Monday, I had a few requesting asking how to
change delivery settings in Outlook Express.  So that is what is below.  It is
a little different than 2007 and 2013.

Have a great day!!

Deleteing or leaving messages on the server in Outlook Express

1.  Press alt plus t for tools.

2.  Press the letter a for accounts.

3.  Highlight the accountyou are making changes for such as delivery options.
If there is only one account for the current user, that account will be chosen
by default.

4.  Press alt plus the letter p for "properties."

5.  Press control plus tab until reaching "advanced tab."

6.  Tab over to "delivery, leave a copy of messages on server."  This is a
checkbox nd is unchecked by default.

If you choose to check this box, complete steps

7.  Tab once to the checkbox for  "remove from server after."    Once checking
this box, an edit field comes up where an amount of days can be chosen to
determine  when messages should be deleted.

8. After checking the box discribed in step seven of "remove from server
after", tab once to the edit field mentioned above and enter an amount of days
or arrow down to a desired number.

9.  Tab once again to the checkbox for "remove from server when "deleted from
deleted items."

If you check this box, whenever the deleted items box is emptied, those
messages deleted will also be deleted from the email server.

10.  Tab to "apply" and press the spacebar.

11. Tab to okay and press the spacebar.

12. Tab to close and press the spacebar.

Below is how to subscribe to Dan's Tips or a daily devotional as well as some
uplifting reading for the day.

To receive emails regarding Dan's daily Tips or the Daily HotSpot Devotional,
send an email to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with "subscribe Dan's Tips" or "subscribe
Hotspot Devotional" in the subjectline.

Verse of the Week:

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's
will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

   --Hebrews 10:36, NLT

Extravagant love for Jesus

"Give us, Lord, a lively faith, a firm hope, a fervent charity, a love of you.
Take from us all lukewarmness in meditation, dullness in prayer. Give us fervor
and delight in thinking of you and your grace, your tender compassion towards
me. The things we pray for, good Lord, give us grace to labor for: through
Jesus Christ our Lord."  (Prayer of Sir Thomas More, 16th century)

Psalm 27:1-3,13-14

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the
stronghold of my life;  of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evildoers assail me, uttering slanders against me, my adversaries and
foes, they shall stumble and fall.
3 Though a host encamp against me, my heart shall not fear;  though war arise
against me, yet I will be confident.
13 I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the
living!
14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage;  yes, wait
for the LORD!

This email has been scanned by Microsoft Security Essentials