[accesscomp] Fw: [bardtalk] Judge Rejects Google's Deal to Digitize Books

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:37:39 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: JAY M S
To: bardtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:44 PM
Subject: [bardtalk] Judge Rejects Google's Deal to Digitize Books

HI all,

My name is Jay, I haven't posted here in quite a while...I did want to post the
following:

Apparently a Judge Rejects Google's Deal to Digitize Books, which is bad for
all of us. At least the Victor Reader if not the others are able to play
Google's format, which would have opened up tens of millions of books to us...

I doubt this is the last of it. Google I am sure will try to make another
settlement...in part b/c they ALREADY scanned the books, in effect did the
work....

Take care all,

Jay

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity: a.. New Members 9
Visit Your Group
Visit: http://www.bardtalk.com to find quick answers to frequently asked
questions.

Follow other useful links concerning digital audio players such as the
Victor Reader Stream and GWMicro BookSense, or find helpful links to other
support lists.
 Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest . Unsubscribe . Terms of Use.