[accesscomp] Fw: [acb-l] iOS Kindle app now accessible

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <radio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 08:10:03 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Pratik Patel
To: acb-l@xxxxxxx ; leadership@xxxxxxx ; iac@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 7:33 AM
Subject: [acb-l] iOS Kindle app now accessible

Dear all,

We have spotted the pink unicorn. In this morning's app updates, Amazon's
Kindle app was announced as being accessible with Voiceover. Initial testing
suggests that remarkable work has been done. Book reading, note creation,
highlighting, sharing and other features are all accessible. I am extremely
pleased that blind and visually impaired people now have some of the world's
largest catalogs of books available to them via the Kindle App, Nook, and
iBooks. Kindle devices still need to be made accessible. All of ACB's members
can take credit that such progress is being made in a short amount of time.

Regards,

Pratik

Pratik Patel

Founder and CEO, EZFire