[accesscomp] Fw: Winstaller is a utility for creating fully accessible windows install disks: , Dan's Tip for august 21 2013

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:59:02 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:10 AM
Subject: Winstaller is a utility for creating fully accessible windows install
disks: , Dan's Tip for august 21 2013

Winstaller is a utility for creating fully accessible windows install disks:

http://levtec.linkpc.net/info/utilities/winstaller.htm

Note from Dan: I have not yet tried this program for access issues.  But I am
probably going to purchase it later this month.  This is a program that will
prove very useful when I restore the computers I work on.

·  Winstaller is a utility for creating fully accessible windows install disks.

·  Winstaller supports creating images of the microsoft windows vista, server
2008, 7, server 2008 r2, 8, server 2012 and 8.1 operating systems.

·  Some of the features available in winstaller include:

  a.. The ability to include unattended setup files in your image
  b.. The ability to slipstream device drivers
  c.. The ability to slipstream drivers for your sound card or braille display
into the boot image
  d.. The ability to slipstream the latest windows updates from a local source
or from our update repository
  e.. The ability to apply a product key if no unattended setup file was
integrated
  f.. The ability to integrate windows themes and wall papers
  g.. The ability to have the NVDA screenreader automatically start when the
image is booted
  h.. The ability to have full control of what happens to your hard drive
partitions during the installation of the windows image
  i.. The ability to rebuild images created previously with winstaller
  j.. The ability to update winstaller images created with a previous version
to the latest version
  k.. The ability to use OEM specific windows features such as audit mode etc
  l.. The ability to have the computer shut down after initial setup is
complete
  m.. The ability to create bootable windows setup media on removable media

·  The update repository currently only supports windows 7 x64 and x86 and
windows 8 x64 and x86.

·  Also note that you need to be creating a windows 7 SP1 image to get windows
7 updates from the update repository.

·  To listen to podcasts created by Corey Knapp that guides you through
creating an image, go to the link below.

http://levtec.linkpc.net/downloads/utilities/winstaller/winstaller_podcast/corey%20knapp/

Here are the  directions on downloading this podcast about how to use
WinInstaller.1. Open your

1.  Select the link below and copy it to the clipboard.

a.  If using a screenreder, press control plus the letter c after highlighting
the URL.

B.  Mouse users, hightlight the URL.  Then click the right mouse button.  Click
on "copy."

2.   Open your internet browser and access the addressbar.

A.  Control-o for screenreader users.

b.  Click into the addressbar for mouse users.

3. Paste in the URL.

A. control-v, screenreader users.

b. Click the right mouse button and then click on paste.

4.  Mousers, click on okay.

Screenreader users, press enter.

5.  Move down to the last link on this page that says
"Learning_How_to_Use_Winstaller"

6.  Press the application key, (third key from the spacebar's rightside.)

Mousers, click your right mouse button.

7.  Arrow down to "save target as."

Mouse users, click on the same option.

8. Navigate to the location where you wish to save this file.

9.  Press alt plus s if using a keyboard.

Mouse users, click on save.

10.  Shortly you will hear a short ding, signaling the file is downloaded.

Now continuing with the rest of this article about WinInstaller

·  Winstaller is a licensed product and costs £49.99 GBP to purchase.

·  Most of the functionality available in winstaller will be unavailable in the
demonstration version, however images created with the demo version will be
fully functional when it comes to installing them on computers.

·  To purchase a winstaller licence, click the link below.

·  Purchase winstaller

http://levtec.linkpc.net/pwinstaller.htm

·  Levtec winstaller version 2.14 was available on 20/08/2013 at 13:23

·  Please click the link below to get the version history.

·  Version history

http://levtec.linkpc.net/info/utilities/winstallerhistory.htm

·  Click the link below to download.

·  Download

http://levtec.linkpc.net/downloads/utilities/winstaller/

Verse and inspirational thought for the week

Hope Like an Ancchor

Hebrews 6:19-20
We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters
into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner
on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of
Melchizedek. (ESV)

In the song, "The Anchor Holds" by Lawrence Chewning and Ray Boltz, the life of
faith is compared to a long night's journey on a rough, raging sea. Though our
ship is tossed and battered, and the sails are torn, there is an anchor which
holds us through the storm.

This verse reminds us, too, that the anchor of our soul is sure and steadfast.
Our anchor, our hope, is Jesus Christ. He holds us steady through the long,
dark night. For our high priest, King Jesus, has gone before us and he shall
forever remain. He is eternal, solid, everlasting. He is our rock.

To receive emails regarding Dan's daily Tips or the Daily HotSpot Devotional,
send an email to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with "subscribe Dan's Tips" or "subscribe
Hotspot Devotional" in the subjectline.

This email has been scanned by MSA