[accesscomp] Fw: Why Should I Care About HTML? Sorce Article found at, Dan's tip for April 23 2013

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 17:15:09 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan
To: dan
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:33 AM
Subject: Why Should I Care About HTML? Sorce Article found at, Dan's tip for
April 23 2013

First off today, The directions for backing up outlook posted yesterday is only
for Outlook 2007 and ten. Outlook thirteen is much different in this regard.  I
was reminded of this by a friend who had read the article.  I actually do not
have Office 13 yet and so did not know this information. So, remember toses
directions are only for Outlook 2007 and ten.  Now on with the article today.

Why Should I Care About HTML? Sorce Article found at:

http://www.180techtips.com/178.htm
This technology tip will offer a little bit on insight into how the internet
and World Wide Web works.  When you access a webpage the computer code to tell
your computer how to display the page is sent to your computer.  Do you want to
see the computer code that was sent to your computer to display this webpage?
Here's how:

Go to "View" in the menu bar and look for "Source"

What appears in a new window is the actual code that created this webpage.
It's called HTML which stands for Hyper Text Markup Language and it's origins

http://home.web.cern.ch/

near Geneva, Switzerland (known as CERN).  As a major international research
organization CERN was interested in applying computers and the internet to
facilitate academic collaboration.   During the 1980's this was the problem a
British computer science expert was working on as he developed Hyper Text
Markup Language.  By 1990, Tim Berners-Lee's idea had matured to become what he
called the World Wide Web.

http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/

  In 1994 he founded the World Wide Web Consortium which sets the international
standards and specifications for the World Wide Web.

http://www.w3.org/

From the beginning Berners-Lee made his ideas and HTML code freely available
without any copyright or royalty restrictions.  This, more than anything else,
has made the adoption of the World Wide Web based on HTML such a huge
international success.

And that's why you should care about HTML.  It's the backbone of the World Wide
Web which is the largest and most recognized part of the Internet.

Would you like to learn more?
Here's a link to some online HTML Tutorials.

"Lord Jesus Christ, your death brought life and hope where there was once only
despair and defeat. Give me the unshakeable hope of everlasting life, the
inexpressible joy of knowing your unfailing love, and the unwavering faith and
obedience in doing the will of our Father in heaven."

Psalm 66:1-7
1 Make a joyful noise to God, all the earth;
2 sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise!
3 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your
enemies cringe before you.
4 All the earth worships you; they sing praises to you, sing praises to your
name." [Selah]
5 Come and see what God has done: he is terrible in his deeds among men.
6 He turned the sea into dry land; men passed through the river on foot.  There
did we rejoice in him,
7 who rules by his might for ever, whose eyes keep watch on the nations --  let
not the rebellious exalt themselves. [Selah]

to ssubscribe, email dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with subscribe in the subject.