[accesscomp] Fw: Siri and IOS7, Dan's tip for September 30 2013

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:26:07 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 4:58 AM
Subject: Siri and IOS7, Dan's tip for September 30 2013

SIRI AND IOS7

Listed below are some common commands which can be used with Siri in iOS 7:

by AnonyMouse on 18 September, 2013

Article Source:

http://www.applevis.com/guides/ios/ios-7-siri-command-list

·         Turn on VoiceOver

·         Turn on Invert Colors

·         Turn on Guided Access

·         Turn on Assistive Touch

·         Show me the Accessibility Settings

App Launching:

·         Launch Twitteriffic

·         Play Dice World

·         Open Newsify

Calendar:

·         Set up a meeting at 8

·         Set up a meeting with Angela at 10

·         Meet with Mom at noon

·         Set up a meeting about an interview tomorrow at 9am

·         New appointment with Patty Smith Friday at 4

·         Schedule a planning meeting at 9:30 today in the Conference Room

·         Move my 1pm meeting to 3

·         Reschedule my appointment with Steve Johnsont to next Monday at 10am

·         Add Scott to my meeting with Michael

·         Cancel the budget review meeting

·         What does the rest of my day look like?

·         What ís on my calendar for Friday?

·         When is my next appointment?

·         When am I meeting with Michael?

·         Where is my next meeting?

Clock:

·         Wake me up tomorrow at 7am

·         Set an alarm for 6am

·         Wake me up in 8 hours

·         Change my 6:30 alarm to 6:45

·         Turn off my 6:30 alarm

·         Delete my 7:30 alarm

·         Turn off all of my alarms

·         What time is it in Berlin?

·         What is today's day?

·         What the date this Saturday?

·         Set the timer for 10 minutes

·         Show the timer

·         Pause the timer

·         Resume the timer

·         Reset the timer

·         Stop timer

Contacts:

·         What's Emily's address?

·         What is Susan Conway's number?

·         When is my wife's birthday?

·         Show Lindsey's home email address

·         What is my brother's work address?

·         Show Brian Park

·         Find people named Conway

·         My Mom is Susan Conway

·         Jimmy Manning is my brother

·         Call my brother at work

·         Learn how to pronounce my name

·         Learn how to pronounce my mom's name

·         Learn how to pronounce Sioehan Conway's name

Email:

·         New mail to Susan Conway

·         Mail Mom about the rent check

·         Email Dr. Patrick that I got the form thanks

·         Mail Emily and Brian about the party and say I had a great time

·         Check email

·         Any new email from Jimmy today

·         Show new mail about about the lease

·         Show  the email  from  Emily yesterday

·         Reply to Susan Sorry we will be late for tonight

·         Call him at work

Facebook:

·         Post to Facebook Mickey Mouse just gave me a hug

·         Write on my wall Having a great time in Walt Disney World

FaceTime:

·         FaceTime Mary

·         Make a FaceTime call to Michael

·         FaceTime Mom

·         Make a FaceTime Audio Call

Find my Friends:

·         Let me know when my son gets home

·         Let my wife know when I leave work

·         Who is near me?

·         Who is here?

·         Where are of my friends?

·         Is my daughter at home?

·         Where is my sister?

·         Where is Thomas?

Maps:

·         Get me directions from Orlando to Tampa Bay

·         Take me Home

·         Give me walking  directions to Paul

·         What's my next turn?

·         Are we there yet?

·         Whats my ETA??

·         Find a gas station within walking distance

·         Find the best Coffee Shop

·         Where is Starbucks?

·         Where is the nearestt Apple store?

Messages:

·         Tell Vicki Iíll be home in 20 minutes

·         Send a message to Thomas Domville

·         Send a message to Tina saying how about tomorrow

·         Tell Kieran the movie was great

·         Send a message to Randy on his mobile saying I'll be late

·         Send a message to 816 555 1212

·         Text Chris and Jeff where are you?

·         Read my new messages

·         Read it again

·         Reply that I'm Sorry

·         Tell him I'll be there in 30 minutes

·         Call her

·         Read my last message from Sally

Movies:

·         Find Disney movies

·         What kind of action movies are playing?

·         Who starred in Sound of Music?

·         Who Directed Beauty and the Beast?

·         What is Toy Story 3 Rated?

·         I want to see the new Dreamworks movie

·         What's playing  at the movies tomorrow

·         Theatre tickets to see Lilo and Stich

·         Buy four tickets for Brave tonight in Rochester

·         Two tickets for Finding Nemo at AMC Town Center theatre at 9 pm

·         Two tickets to that new Pixar movie

·         Find some movie theatres near my home

·         Reading movie reviews

·         Show me the review for The Incredibles

·         Which movie won best picture in 1967?

Music:

·         Play It's Time by Imagine Dragons

·         Play Taking Back Sunday shuffled

·         Play Alicia Keys

·         Play some blues

·         Play my party mix

·         Shuffle my roadtrip playlist

·         Play

·         Pause

·         Skip

·         Play my Norah Jones Stations

·         Play more songsc like this one

·         Don't play this song again

·         I like this song

Notes:

·         Note that I spent 12 dollars at lunch

·         Note to self check out that new Imagine Dragons album

·         Find my Meeting notes

·         Add tour the catacombs to my parents' Paris notes

·         Show my notes from June 25th

·         Read my notes about story ideas

Phone:

·         Call Scott

·         Call David Taylor mobile

·         Call Michael on his work phone

·         Call 816 555 1212

·         Call home

·         Get my Call History

·         Do I have any Missed Calls?

·         ReDial that Last Number

·         Do I have any New Voice Mail?

·         Play me the Voice Mail from Thomas

Q&A:

·         How many calories in a bagel?

·         What is 18% of $86.74 for four people?

·         Who's buried in Gran's tomb?

·         How long do greyhounds live?

·         What is the square root of 128?

·         How many dollars is 45 euros?

·         How many days until Christmas?

·         How far away is the sun?

·         When is the next solar eclispe?

·         What is the population of Missouri?

·         How high is Mt. Everest?

·         How deep is the Atlantic ocean?

·         What is the price of gasoline in Chicago?

·         When was Abraham Lincoln born?

·         What is the population of San Francisco?

·         Tell me about Pixar

Reminders:

·         Add skydiving to my bucket list

·         Remind me to call Mom

·         Remember to take an umbrella

·         Remind me to take my medicine at 6am tomorrow

·         Remind me to finish my report by 6

·         Read my work to do list

·         Remind me to call my mom when I get home

·         Remind me when I leave to call Brian

·         Remind me to pick up flowers when I leave here

Restaurants:

·         Find a good pizza joint in Chicago

·         Good Mexican Restaurant around here

·         Table for four in Palo Alto in paltove

·         Make a reservation at a romantic italian restaurant tonight at 7pm

·         Show me the review for The French Laundryin Yountville

Settings:

·         Turn on Airplane mode

·         Is Bluetooth on?

·         Make the screen brighter

·         Turn on Bluetooth

·         Go to Twitter Settings

·         Show me my Privacy settings

·         Enable Wi-Fi

·         Open mail settings

·         Turn on Do Not Disturb

·         Turn on the Flashlight

Sports:

·         What channel is the Kansas City Royals game on?

·         Who is the best team in Hockey?

·         How did the Yankees do last season?

·         Did the Clippers make the playoffs?

·         What are the standings in the AFC Central?

·         Get me the College Football rankings

·         What are the standings in the Champion League?

·         Who has the most home runs on the White Sox?

·         Which player scored the most goals in Italian Soccer?

·         Which Quarterback has the most passing yards?

·         Show me the Roster of the Broncos

·         Who is pitching for the Cubs this season?

·         Is anyone on the Mariners injured?

·         Which team has the fewest penalty minutes?

·         Show me football scores from Sunday

·         When do the Kansas City Chiefs play next?

·         Show me career statistics for Tony Romas

Stocks:

·         What is Apple's stock price?

·         What is Apple's PE ratio?

·         What did Yahoo close today?

·         How is the Nikkei doing?

·         How are the market doing?

·         Where's the NASDAQ today?

Twitter:

·         Tweet I Love Apple

·         Tweet What are you voting for in the AppleVis Golden Apples Award?
hashtag  AppleVis

·         Tweet my location Having fun at the beach!í

·         Search Twitter for Accessibility

·         Show me my Tweets

·         What's the latest in Chicago

·         Find tweets with the hashtag AppleVis

·         What's trending on Twitter?

·         Whats going on?

·         What are people saying about Imagine Dragons?

Weather:

·         What's the weather for today?

·         What's the weather for tomorrow?

·         What's the forecast for this evening?

·         How is the weather in Tampa right now?

·         What's the high for Denver on Thursday?

·         What is the tempature outside?

·         How windy is it out there?

·         When is sunrise in Paris?

·         Should I bring an umbrella today?

Web Search:

·         Search the web for polar bears

·         Search for vegetarian recipes

·         Search the web for the best cable plans

·         Google The War of 1812

·         Bing Norah Jones

·         Find pictures of killer whales

·         Show videos of the northern lights

·         What's the news for Chicago?

Verse and thought of the day:

Serve One Another - 1 Peter 4:10

1 Peter 4:10
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of
God's varied grace ... (ESV)

Today's Inspiring Thought: Serve One Another

God has given us spiritual gifts in the body of Christ for the purpose of
serving one another.

My pastor often says that the happiest Christians he knows are those who have
found joy and fulfillment in serving. And I believe the quickest way to end a
pity party is to find someone who needs your help.

To receive emails regarding Dan's daily Tips or the Daily HotSpot Devotional,
send an email to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with "subscribe Dan's Tips" or "subscribe
Hotspot Devotional" in the subjectline.

This email has been scanned by MSA