[accesscomp] Fw: Recycle Bin Secrets

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:37:16 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 5:52 AM
Subject: Recycle Bin Secrets

Recycle Bin Secrets

1.  Disabling the delete confirmation dialog box: this tip may not be for
everyone, but early on I got tired of being asked if I really, truly wanted to
delete something. If I delete it by mistake I can always go in to the Recycle
Bin and restore the deleted information.
How to disable the delete confirmation dialog box:

a.  From the keyboard, Highlight  the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop or on
the Recycle Bin in Windows Explorer and then hit the appplicatiion  key or
shift plus f10.

Mouse users, Right click on the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop or on the
Recycle Bin in Windows Explorer.

b.  Press the letter r if using a keyboard or click on Properties.

c.  From the keyboard, tab over to "Display delete confirmation dialog"
checkbox. Uncheck this choice by pressing the spacebar.

Mouse users, uncheck the same choice.

d.  Tab to okay and press the spacebar or click on okay.  You are now done.
This option can be turned back on any time by checking the box again.

2.  Bypassing the Recycle Bin entirely: If you don't want a file to go to the
Recycle Bin, highlight the file and hit the Shift and Delete keys at the same
time. You'll be asked if you want to permanently delete this file- Press y for
"yes" or n  the letter n for "no" or one could tab to either choice and press
the spacebar.

If using a mouse, click on your choice. click Yes or No.

You can make this a permanent setting by

a.  Highlight the recycle bin icon on your desktop, or on the Recycle Bin in
Windows Explorer,

b.  Press the application key or click with the right mouse button.

c.  Press the letter r or click on "properties."

d.  Tab to the checkbox that says, "Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove
files immediately when deleted".
e.  Check the above mentioned box by pressing spacebar or click to add a
checkmark.

f.  Tab to okay and press enter or clickon okay.

3.  Occasionally you might get a message from Windows indicating the file is
too big for the Recycle Bin and it needs to be permanently deleted. You can
delete it, or, you can cancel and increase the space allocated to the Recycle
Bin (via the right click/properties options or using the application key
described previously) and changing the maximum size to a larger amount.

Verse of the week

My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no
enemy can reach me

   --Psalm 62:7, NLT

 "Lord Jesus, your word is life and truth. Instruct my heart that I may grow in
the knowledge of your truth and live according to your word".

Psalm 19:8-11

8  the precepts of the Lord are right,  rejoicing the heart; the commandment of
the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
9  the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever; the ordinances of the Lord
are true, and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also
than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
11 Moreover by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great
reward.

Below is how to subscribe to Dan's Tips or a daily devotional as well as some
uplifting reading for the day.

To receive emails regarding Dan's daily Tips or the Daily HotSpot Devotional,
send an email to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with "subscribe Dan's Tips" or "subscribe
Hotspot Devotional" in the subjectline.  "Lord Jesus, your word is life and