[accesscomp] Fw: [Plextalk] plextalk linio pocket

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:34:22 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Cavallaro" <richcav1014@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Plextalk User Discussion List" <plextalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Plextalk] plextalk linio pocket

Hi all, got the below message from Bob at Plextalk Support.

Hi Rich,
Got your voice mail also, so this will cover both.

The Linio Pocket will be available only in Europe.  No pricing set by
retailers but I believe it will run a bit more expensive than the
standard Pocket.  Units purchased in Europe will only be able to use
European languages, e.g., UK English, so purchasing one there for
domestic use won't gain you anything.

CNIB (Canada) is still ramping up DAISY Online Delivery Protocol (DOPD)
with the PTX1.  After they come on line, the Linio Pocket MAY be
available in Canadian Markets.

I have no idea when NLS or other providers will implement DOPD.  It is
in their interest from a financial point of view to do so, since it
would save them shipping charges on their cartridges.  More in the
customer interest too since a computer is not needed.

I assume the standard Pocket will still be available in the US for some
time.

Best regards,

Bob

Bob Smith
Plextalk support
support-northamerica@xxxxxxxxxxxx
1-866-962-8176

From: Plextalk
[mailto:plextalk-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<plextalk-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>]
On

Behalf

Of Aidan Maher

Sent: 10 November 2012 02:21 PM

To: Plextalk User Discussion List

Ok, it have 2 gig, I was a bit out, sorry, wel stil to little. One of my

biggest problems is that where I am, I con't get hold of 32 gig cards,

so

now, if I have a milestone together with an 8 or 16 gig card, it won't

make

a big difference, but if I have this new unit with

8 gig build in memory, plus a 16 gig card, that is talking storage space

at

least. Its also not as easy to get milestone in all regions, its not as

strongly marketed as the more decent players and there must be a good

reason

for that I suppose. I mean they only started recently to cell it in the

US

if i'm rite.

On 10/11/2012, Steve Nutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Exactly, just your opinion.  The audio quality of the headphone jack

on the milestone is in my opinion better.  Again, just my opinion.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services