[accesscomp] Fw: Learn how to use Voice Over on your Apple iOS device..., Dan's Tip for August 2nd 2013

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 08:37:05 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 6:05 AM
Subject: Learn how to use Voice Over on your Apple iOS device..., Dan's Tip for
August 2nd 2013

Learn how to use Voice Over on your Apple iOS device...

Hello,

My name is Rita Howells.

Since I retired from State Services with the Illinois Bureau of the Blind
services, I have begun to work with several blind adults in learning how to use
their devices with Voice Over.  In the past 18 months, I have trained 10 blind
adults using VoiceOver.

I currently use:

an Apple iPhone 5, an iPhone 4 that is now used as an iPod, and an iPad II.

I have worked with the Apple Store at the St. Louis Galleria for two years now
in terms of learning how to use Voice Over on iOS devices.

In addition: I feel proud to have contributed to sending on accessibility
issues that we have found with Voice Over and Apple apps, which have gone to
the Accessibility Team in Apple's headquarters in Cupertino California.

I was recently asked to present at a "Communicating in a digital age"

workshop at Second Sense in Chicago Illinois: regarding my use of Apple iOS
devices with Voice Over.

I am pleased that I will be presenting the basics of VoiceOver on the inaugural
IDevice conference call this Sunday, August 4 at 3:00 PM Central Time.  Please
join me for this presentation in which we will also take time to take your
questions.

Thanks,

Rita

The dial-in number is: 1-832-551-5900 and use the passcode of: 120535#.  The
conference will be recorded and will be made available within the next couple
of days after the conference.  The availability and instructions on how to
download the recording will be posted to the IDevice list serve.  If you're not
a subscriber to the IDevice list serve you can join by sending an email to:
IDevices-Join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks and hope to hear you this Sunday.

Denny Huff

Gateway For the Blind LLC.

PO Box 515

St. Clair, MO  63077

Phone: (636) 262-1383

FAX: (314) 558-0298

WWW.GatewayForTheBlind.Com

Have questions about that IPhone, IPad or IPod Touch?

Join the IDevices list serve and get answers to your questions and find out
tips and tricks about using those devices.

To join send an email message to:

[...]

Verse and inspirational thought of the day

1 Thessalonians 5:18

give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus
for you. (ESV)

Today's Inspiring Thought: Give Thanks at All Times

Whenever I've faced challenging circumstances in my life, my natural tendency
has been to question God and his will. I imagine you've done it, too.

If we're wondering what the will of God is for us in any given situation, of
this one thing we can be certain, he wants us to give thanks-to rejoice. For
the joy of the Lord is our strength. As we remember to give thanks with a
cheerful heart, God fills us with his strength, even in difficult
circumstances.

To receive emails regarding Dan's daily Tips or the Daily HotSpot Devotional,
send an email to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with "subscribe Dan's Tips" or "subscribe
Hotspot Devotional" in the subjectline.

This email has been scanned by MSA