[accesscomp] Fw: IPad Accessability from Robert Miller

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marcia Moses" <mgmoses@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 12:08:21 -0700

IPad Accessability from Robert Miller
----- Original Message -----
From: dan thompson
To: dan thompson
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 11:14 AM
Subject: IPad Accessability from Robert Miller

Hi All,

I am sending an attachment today.  But probably will not do it again.  I just
thought this offering was significant enough to send it as the original
complete document.  Attached is a free guide to IPad accessability produced by
Robert Miller.  Below are two links, the first is to a version of the book with
graphics.  The second one has no graphics.  However, both are in pdf.  So  I
converted the book  to make it easier for all to access.  If you wish a
complete copy pasted into an email message for you, please me privately with
the words "complete copy/" in the subject line.  I will then send it to you.

I found out about this awsome offering from Top Dot Enterprises's weekly
newsletter "Top Tech Tidbits", May 2nd, 2013.

The links are in the next few lines.

<<...>>

Robert Miller at the Oklahoma School for the Blind has created a free iPad
accessibility booklet

designed to help teachers or parents teach their students basic iPad skills to
surf with Safari, read books

with iBooks, and learn text entry with Notes. Students can also use the booklet
independently. The

booklet has 7 parts covering mainstream navigation, VoiceOver, Zoom, Large
Text, Inverted Colors,

and Guided Access and three refreshable Braille displays. This version includes
graphics:

http://osb.k12.ok.us/wp-content/uploads/iPad-Accessibility-Booklet-Graphics.pdf

And this one does not:

Http://osb.k12.ok.us/wp-content/uploads/iPad-Accessibility-Booklet-NoGraphics.pdf

"When the Counselor comes, the Spirit of truth"

Scripture: John 15:26-16:4

26 But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even
the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me;
27 and you also are witnesses, because you have been with me from the
beginning. (John 16) 1 I have said all this to you to keep you from falling
away. 2 They will put you out of the synagogues; indeed, the hour is coming
when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. 3 And they
will do this because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4 But I have said
these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told
you of them. I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I
was with you.

Meditation: Where do you find help and support when you most need it? True
friendship is strengthened in adversity. Jesus offers his disciples the best
and truest of friends. Who is this promised friend? Jesus calls the Holy Spirit
our Counselor and Advocate (also translated Paraclete or Helper). Counselor is
a legal term for the one who will defend someone against an adversary and who
guides that person during the ordeal of trial. The Holy Spirit is our Advocate
and Helper who brings us safely through the challenges and adversities we must
face in this life. As Jesus approaches the hour he was to be glorified -
through his death on the cross and his resurrection - he revealed more fully to
his disciples the person and role of the Holy Spirit.

What does Jesus tell us about the Holy Spirit? First, the Holy Spirit is
inseparably one with the Father and the Son. It is the Holy Spirit who gives
life - the very life of God - and who kindles faith in hearts receptive to
God's word. The Spirit makes it possible for us to know God personally. He
gives us experiential knowledge of God as our Father. The Spirit witnesses to
our spirit that the Father has indeed sent his Son into the world to redeem it
and has raised his Son Jesus from the dead and has seated him at his right hand
in glory and power. The Holy Spirit reveals to us the knowledge, wisdom and
plan of God for the ages and the Spirit enables us to see with the "eyes of
faith" what the Father and the Son are doing. Through the gift and working of
the Holy Spirit we become witnesses to the great work of God in Christ Jesus.
Jesus warned his disciples that they could expect persecution just as Jesus was
opposed and treated with hostility. We have been given the Holy Spirit to help
us live as disciples of Jesus Christ. The Spirit gives us courage and
perseverance when we meet adversities and challenges. Do you pray for the Holy
Spirit to strengthen you in faith, hope and love and to give you courage and
perseverance with hope when you meet adversities and challenges?

"O merciful God, fill our hearts, we pray, with the graces of your Holy Spirit;
with love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, humility
and self-control. Teach us to love those who hate us; to pray for those who
despitefully use us; that we may be the children of your love, our Father, who
makes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and
on the unjust. In adversity grant us grace to be patient; in prosperity keep us
humble; may we guard the door of our lips; may we lightly esteem the pleasures
of this world, and thirst after heavenly things; through Jesus Christ our
Lord."  (Prayer of Anselm, 1033-1109)

Psalm 149:1-6a,9b

1 Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of
the faithful!
2 Let Israel be glad in his Maker, let the sons of Zion rejoice in their King!
3 Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with timbrel and
lyre!
4 For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with victory.
5 Let the faithful exult in glory; let them sing for joy on their couches.
6a Let the high praises of God be in their throats.

9b This is glory for all his faithful ones.  Praise the LORD!

subject.