[accesscomp] Fw: How Many Words Per Minute Dan's Tip for April 10 2013

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:35:28 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan
To: dan
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:43 AM
Subject: How Many Words Per Minute Dan's Tip for April 10 2013

How Many Words Per Minute

In the old days students took a typing class in high school either in
preparation for college or an office career.  They sat in rows diligently
tapping out "aa ss dd ff jj kk ll ;;" while trying not to look at their
fingers.

Today, there's a quandary in schools when it comes to computer technology.
With limited classroom time available a choice has to be made between teaching
software skills and teaching typing skills.  Traditionalists would of course
prefer that typing  was stressed while technologists would say that typing
skill will follow if a kid learns the how to use the software.  In the end a
mix is needed across the grade levels.

So how fast do you type and what are you doing to improve your speed?

Try testing your typing speed at this site:   TypingTest.com

http://www.typingtest.com/

Then you might want to consider some free typing games to help you improve your
performance:

      EasyTyping Games

      Aunt Lee
      Hard Typing Games

      http://www.auntlee.com/kids/

      Typing Bubbles

      Typing Goalie

      http://www.typingmaster.com/individuals/bubbles.asp

      Hard typing games

      http://www.auntlee.com/kids/

      FreeTypingGames.net

      http://www.freetypinggame.net/play.asp

"God our Father, we are exceedingly frail and indisposed to every virtuous and
gallant undertaking.  Strengthen our weakness, we beseech you, that we may do
valiantly in this spiritual war; help us against our own negligence and
cowardice, and defend us from the treachery of our unfaithful hearts; for Jesus
Christ's sake."  (Prayer of Thomas a Kempis)

to ssubscribe, email dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with subscribe in the subject.

JPEG image

JPEG image