[accesscomp] Fw: Digit-Eyes AudioLabelingSystem approved for sale Apple Apps Store

  • From: "Reginald George" <adapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:26:13 -0500

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact person: Davey Hulse Cell: 503-559-3787 Email
PressRelations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx DIGIT-EYES AUDIO LABELING SYSTEM ADVANCES
INDEPENDENCE FOR

VISUALLY IMPAIRED Digital Miracles, LLC, is pleased to announce a major
advancement in assistive technology for people who are blind and visually
impaired. The Digit-Eyes Audio Labeling System has been approved for sale on
the Apple Apps Store. As of June 3rd, the millions of people worldwide with
substantial vision loss can begin
downloading the iPhone application to recognize and label the important
items in their lives.

Reasonably priced at $29.99, the Digit-Eyes phone app is a powerful tool
that fits into any budget and life- style, turning challenging tasks into
easy, safe activities.

The Digit-Eyes system gives users a simple way to make custom labels for
everyday items and it identifies packaged goods-joining advanced software
with the iPhone, the Internet, home computers, printers, and inexpensive
off-the-shelf labels. People of almost any visual ability can now put
groceries away and grab the right prescription bottle independently.

"This is the most exciting product I've worked on," says Nancy Miracle,
president of Digital Miracles and software engineer with 40 years
experience.

"The limited functions and high cost of existing assistive devices just
seemed wrong, so our objective was to develop a product that performed
better than any comparable technology and offer it at about 10% of the
price. Combining the need for identification with a natural, powerful and
robust tool like the iPhone made the project irresistible."

With Digit-Eyes, users can print custom text labels or record audio labels
that they make by scanning specially coded labels and speaking into their
phones. They attach the labels to household items, and the messages are
played back whenever the codes are rescanned with their iPhones. This
Digit-Eyes app can also scan manufacturer codes (UPC, EAN, ISBN) and say
what's inside the package after checking the vast Digit-Eyes product
database. Each iPhone stores over five hundred hours of information and can
be used just about anywhere.

"This product is amazing! By labeling leftovers with their contents and date
refrigerated, I can determine if my dinner will be edible or not. Next, I'll
be labeling my jungle of AC adapters so I'll never again have to guess what
they all go to. The ease of use and flexibility of the process make it an
invaluable tool!"

Randy Builder, Seattle, Washington.

The first public display of Digit-Eyes is at the National Federation of the
Blind convention in Dallas, Texas, July 4 - 7, booth B113. The exhibit then
moves to the American Council of the Blind convention July 10 - 15 in
Phoenix, Arizona, booth #41. Attendees can experience the use and capability
of the system with hands-on demonstrations. Details, explanations, and
examples will be available at both conventions, or immediately on-line at
www.DIGIT-EYES.com .

Digital Miracles, LLC, the parent company of Digit-Eyes, is a Texas-based
corporation that develops customized software solutions. The Digit-Eyes
Audio Labeling System was created by a team of engineers, software designers
and members of the visually impaired community.

Product Reviewers can get a review copy at reviewcopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
by calling: (817) 571-3083.