[accesscomp] Re: Fw: Dan's Tech Tip of the day

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:57:04 -0500 (EST)

A couple of things here.

First, as to this specific tip, I agree wityh Gene's assessment of its
value.

Having said that, let me explain the writer's situation here.  The writer
gets paid to write, and that is his way to earn a living.  Don't get
publish, you may not eat.  He may have a given number of stories he must
write in a given period of time, and often the specific content is
dictated by an editor suggesting something, a conference he might have
attended, whatever.  If he wrote only when he had something valuable or
significant to say, he might not write all that often, perhaps might not
have a job, and not make a satisfactory living to support his family.
So give an author a bit of slack when evaluating them remembering that
they are doing a job which, to them, may be far more important than giving
you something significant.

The habit of celebrating the greatness and graciousness of God yields an endless
flow of thankfulness, joy, and zeal.
James I. Packer