[accesscomp] Fw: Could Your Brain be Hacked? Dan's Tip for October 8 2013

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 15:58:37 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 9:57 AM
Subject: Could Your Brain be Hacked? Dan's Tip for October 8 2013

Today's tip is short but very significant when considering its potentialand
potential outcomes.  Read more below and check out the link to a YouTube video
below this tip.

Could Your Brain be Hacked?How-To Geek

http://www.howtogeek.com/173369/could-your-brain-be-hacked/

Could Your Brain be Hacked?The mere thought of having one's brain hacked,

altered, or controlled is enough to make people feel unsettled, but is such a
thing actually possible? AsapSCIENCE looks at the current research into using
light to affect DNA-altered neuron or brain cells and the possible medical
applications where it could be used to help people.

Note: The part of the video showing the mouse being affected/controlled  during
an experiment may be unsettling for some people.

You can view the video at the link at the top of this article.

Could Your Brain Be Hacked? [YouTube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=V43t_S7VGJA

Verse and Thought for today:   Hope in God - Psalm 42:5

Psalm 42:5
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in
God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation ... (ESV)

Thought: Hope in God

Disappointment. It's bound to come. When our dreams are shattered, it's only
natural to feel let down. Life doesn't always turn out the way we want it to,
but there's a key reaction in this verse, and it tells us how to respond to
disappointment: Hope in God!

Next time you face discouragement, try this: Take all of your heartache, all of
your burden and pain, and give it to the Lord. Let him have it! Tell him
exactly how you feel. He already knows, anyway. Then, put your hope in God, for
he is trustworthy. He has the power to change your situation. He can take your
turmoil and turn it into something good. Praise him.

You are invited to a time of praise and prayer from 5:00 to 6:00 every Tuesday
held in the lounge at First Presbyterian Church 870 W. College Jacksonville,
Il.   Come in the double glass doors by day care off of West Minister.  Turn
right at the first set of double doors across from the coat closets.  Go up
these stairs and turn left at the top.

The lounge door will be opened and welcoming you in to God's open house of
praise and prayer!

To receive emails regarding Dan's daily Tips or the Daily HotSpot Devotional,
send an email to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with "subscribe Dan's Tips" or "subscribe
Hotspot Devotional" in the subjectline.

This email has been scanned by MSA