[accesscomp] Re: Fw: Computer locks up in Windows Seven when accessing Microsoft 2007, 10or 2013 when using Jaws, Dan's Tip for August 27 2013

  • From: "Reginald George" <adapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 23:10:51 -0700

It's definitely a Windows Explorer issue, not a Word issue.

-----Original Message----- From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:24 PM
To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [accesscomp] Re: Fw: Computer locks up in Windows Seven when accessing Microsoft 2007, 10or 2013 when using Jaws, Dan's Tip for August 27 2013

This is not a problem that has anything to do with Microsoft Word
directly.  The problem can occur when you attempt to move through a list
of files using My Computer or Windows Explorer. If it is presented as
limited to Word, it will cause many users who might benefit by changing
this setting not to realize that the solution may well apply to them.
Windows 7 users who have freezes when moving through file lists should
check the setting discussed in today's tip to see if it should be changed.

Gene