[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, January 4

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 07:47:44 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Blind Bargains Daily Deals
To: Daily Deals
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 6:34 AM
Subject: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, January 4

BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, January 4

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. Vanda Pharmaceuticals Seeking Totally Blind Individuals for Paid
Clinical Research Study
  b.. 2. OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 4 for $20.55
  c.. 3. What We Missed: Trekker Breeze 2.0 adds Address Entry, POI Importing
  d.. 4. Blind Bargains Top 10 Stories of 2010 7. The Ups and Downs of Android
Accessibility
  e.. 5. Today's ClassifiedsBraille Sense original for sale or trade
  Pre-owned Victor Reader Stream for $265.

  f.. 6. Most Popular Recent DealsBlind Bargains now has an easy product search
app for both Jaws and Window-Eyes. Check our new apps page for details
  1. Vanda Pharmaceuticals Seeking Totally Blind Individuals for Paid Clinical
Research Study
  Vanda Pharmaceuticals is conducting research to evaluate a new
investigational treatment for insomnia and daytime sleepiness in individuals
who are totally blind. Individuals must be between 18-75 years old, have no
light perception, have trouble sleeping at night or experience daytime
sleepiness Participants will be compensated for their time and effort and will
receive study medication and study-related medical evaluation at no cost. For
more information call 1-888-389-7033 or visit the link on this post. Please
note we have no affiliation with this company or the claims made concerning
this study.

  2. OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 4 for $20.55
  Amazon.com has the OtterBox Defender Case for the iPhone 4 (in black), for
$20.55. Shipping adds around $6, or pad your order over $25 to qualify for free
shipping. This case features 3 layers of protection, and includes a belt
holster.

  3. What We Missed: Trekker Breeze 2.0 adds Address Entry, POI Importing
  In the midst of the holiday bargaining, we missed the announcement from
Humanware of version 2.0 for the Trekker Breeze. This free update adds the
ability to manually enter addresses, importing of GPX and CSV files to add
points of interest, better support for intersections and roundabouts, a
pedometer, and several more enhancements. Check the link on this post to learn
more or download the free update.

  4. Blind Bargains Top 10 Stories of 2010 7. The Ups and Downs of Android
Accessibility
  We're continuing our annual look at the most influencial, ground-breaking, or
otherwise important stories of 2010. In addition to our own staff, we consulted
with some industry experts including ACB Radio Main Menu's Jamie Pauls, the
Blind Geek Zone's Rick Harmon and Ranger from the Ranger Station Blog to help
create our list. We'll present one item every day until we reach number 1.
Today, the ups and downs of Android accessibility.

  5. Today's Classifieds
  Here are the latest classifieds posted to Blind Bargains. You can submit your
own ad to thousands of potential users for only $5.

  Braille Sense original for sale or trade

  I have an original Braille Sense for sale formerly sold by GW Micro. This
unit is in full working condition, and comes with the case, charger, and an
extra battery. I am asking $1750 for the unit, or best offer. I would also be
willing to accept a bluetooth capable braille display in trade.
  Contact: Email: karl.belanger@xxxxxxxxxxx Phone: 603-953-3657 Twitter:
@karlb21

  Pre-owned Victor Reader Stream for $265.

  I wish to sell my Victor Reader Stream. I have used this particular unit for
approximately 18 months. It is in excellent condition, and I will include the
charger, a 2GB SD card, and a fabric case with a belt clip. I have already
installed the latest version of the firmware. It will NOT include the soft pack.
  Contact: If you wish to buy the device, please email me at
Michael.Steven.n@xxxxxxxxxx
  These ads were submitted by users and Blind Bargains is not responsible for
their content.
  6. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  Vanda Pharmaceuticals Seeking Totally Blind Individuals for Paid Clinical
Research Study
  What We Missed: Trekker Breeze 2.0 adds Address Entry, POI Importing
  OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 4 for $20.55
  Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea Sampler with 108 bags for $8.73 Shipped
  RS Games Goes Live with Multi-player Yahtzee

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.