[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, January 25

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:32:26 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Blind Bargains Daily Deals
To: Daily Deals
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:34 AM
Subject: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, January 25

BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, January 25

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. Nominations Announced, Time to vote in The 2010 Blind Bargains Access
Awards
  b.. 2. #atia2011: More Info on ZoomReader Obtained
  c.. 3. #atia2011 Exclusive: Ai Squared Releasing 2 iPhone Apps including
Video Magnifier and Possible OCR
  d.. 4. Most Popular Recent DealsClinical Research Study Recruitment
  Blind individuals with no light perception needed.
  A local doctor is conducting research to evaluate a new investigational
treatment for insomnia and daytime sleepiness in individuals who are totally
blind.
  Individuals may qualify who:
  * are between 18 and 75 years of age
  * are blind with no light perception
  * have trouble sleeping at night or experience daytime sleepiness
  Participants will be compensated for their time and effort and will receive
study medication and study-related medical evaluation at no cost.
  For more information Call 1-888-389-7033
  M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET or visit their website
  1. Nominations Announced, Time to vote in The 2010 Blind Bargains Access
Awards
  It's time to cast your vote in the 4th annual Blind Bargains Access Awards.
Over the last two weeks, we solicited nominations for the best of 2010. Now,
it's time to vote for your favorite in each category. Check the link on this
post to view all of the nominees. The awards will recognize the greatest
achievements, companies, websites, and people for 2010 and are decided by your
votes. The deadline is Sunday, February 13 at 11:59 PM ET Congratulations to
all of the nominees.

  2. #atia2011: More Info on ZoomReader Obtained
  We've obtained a bit more information and screenshots of ZoomReader, AI
Squared's upcoming magnification and OCR product. From the description we've
found, it appears to work with VoiceOver commands and also perhaps voice
commands. Here's a further description after the jump, though remember that
none of this has been made public by the company as of this writing.

  3. #atia2011 Exclusive: Ai Squared Releasing 2 iPhone Apps including Video
Magnifier and Possible OCR
  We've obtained some literature on what appears to be some upcoming products
from AI Squared. AI Squared appears destined for the mobile arena with
ZoomReader, a $19.99 electronic reader and video magnifier for the iPhone 4 and
3GS and ZoomIt, a $4.99 product with just the video magnifier. The ZoomReader
product also appears to possibly include some OCR capabilities. The description
from AI Squared is after the jump, though remember nothing has been released
yet and things may change.

  4. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  Nominations Announced, Time to vote in The 2010 Blind Bargains Access Awards
  Amazon Releases Kindle for PC with Accessibility Enhancements
  KeySoft 9.1 for the BrailleNote to be Talked about Monday
  Nominations Open for 4th Annual Blind Bargains Access Awards
  Matias Bluetooth Folding Keyboard with Numeric Pad for iPhone, iPad or Mac
for $76.24 Shipped

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.