[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Monday, March 21

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:09:03 -0700

    BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Monday, March 21

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. Moshi Voice-Controlled Digital Clock Radio for $70.00 Shipped
  b.. 2. Mobile Accessibility for Android Now Available from A T Guys for $95
  c.. 3. #csun11: Plextalk Pocket Now Supports Podcasts, Internet Radio, .DOCX,
OpenLibrary, Text Notes, More
  d.. 4. #csun11: APH Releases Talking PC Maps Based on Sendero Maps
  e.. 5. #csun11 Audio: Hands-on with DocuScan Plus and the HoverCam Document
Camera
  f.. 6. #csun11 Audio: A Tactile, Braille Mouse
  g.. 7. #csun11 Audio: A First Glimpse at the Orion
  h.. 8. Today's Classifieds2 Netbooks for $300 each
  BrailleNote MPower BT 32 for $1000
  Cell On Technology $50 each item
  Pacmate QX440 $1200 OBO

  i.. 9. Most Popular Recent DealsShopping is a breeze with our Blind Bargains
Apps.
  1. Moshi Voice-Controlled Digital Clock Radio for $70.00 Shipped
  The Independent Living Aids online store has the Moshi Voice-Controlled
Digital Clock Radio for $70.00. Now, ILA offers free shipping on orders of $50
or more, which comes in handy for this item. This voice-activated clock also
includes an FM radio.

  2. Mobile Accessibility for Android Now Available from A T Guys for $95
  Our sister site, A T Guys, now is taking preorders for Mobile Accessibility,
Code Factory's suite of applications and screen reader for Android-based
phones. The product is available for preorder for $95 and will include
U.S.-based customer service and technical support. For more information or to
place an order, please check the link on this post.

  3. #csun11: Plextalk Pocket Now Supports Podcasts, Internet Radio, .DOCX,
OpenLibrary, Text Notes, More
  A significant free update has been made available for users of the Plextalk
Pocket. In version 5.0, users can now download and listen to podcasts and
Internet radio streams. The set-up is done on the PC and then the unit can
independently download and listen to the broadcasts. Support for several new
file formats, including Microsoft Word 2007 .DOCX files and the Internet
Archive's OpenLibrary format are included. Also, users can now create and edit
text notes. For those looking to save power, the unit can now be completely
shut off. The wireless functionality can also be disabled, allowing the
Plextalk to be used while in flight. Many of these improvements are likely due
to Plextor's colaberation with the American Printing House on the BookPort
Plus. There's many more features available in this free update, and the
complete list is available from the link on this post.

  4. #csun11: APH Releases Talking PC Maps Based on Sendero Maps
  APH has released version 1 of its Talking PC Maps program, an extension of
the Sendero Maps package focused on features of particular interest to
educators and mobility teachers. The product includes features such as a side
of street mode, where students and others will be told and can virtually cross
necessary streets on the way to their destination. It's available now for $269
from APH. Sendero will continue to offer Sendero Maps through its website.
Check the link on this post for the full release. We've got an audio interview
on the project coming up shortly.

  5. #csun11 Audio: Hands-on with DocuScan Plus and the HoverCam Document Camera
  Serotek's previously announced DocuScan Plus is now available, and will
ultimately work with Windows and Mac computers as well as mobile devices. To
learn more, we speak with Ricky Enger, Operations Manager for Serotek, who
gives us a quick tour of both the hardware and software behind the system in
this audio interview.

  6. #csun11 Audio: A Tactile, Braille Mouse
  Tactile World is a new company which offers a mouse which gives braille
feedback based on what's on the screen. In this podcast, Douglas Martin, Dr.
Igor Karasin, and Joshua Loya from Tactile World tell us about the Tactile
Explorer as we try out its functionality and play a very addictive game.

  7. #csun11 Audio: A First Glimpse at the Orion
  The Orion is a forthcoming Android-based device which will modernize the Icon
and include up-to-date hardware and software components. Guido Corona, Director
of Marketing for LevelStar, LLC, gives us a first glimpse and a quick
demonstration of some of the functionality of this new line of devices in this
audio interview.

  8. Today's Classifieds
  Here are the latest classifieds posted to Blind Bargains. You can submit your
own ad to thousands of potential users for only $5.

  2 Netbooks for $300 each

  I'm selling two netbooks. One is an Acer 10 inch netbook with 1 gig of ram,
running Windows XP home and a JAWS demo, complementary case and extended
battery which lasts 5 hours included. The other is an Asus with 2 gigs of Ram
also running windows XP home, which also includes a case and extended battery
which lasts about 8 hours. The asus has a full version of JAWS and I can add an
external CD rom drive for an additional $30 for either computer. Both are in
mint condition, have had minimal use, and are only being sold because I have no
further need of them, since I have two other computers. Interested buyers
should make payments through paypal. The Acer netbook has a 120 gb hard drive,
and the asus has 160 gb.
  Contact: Email: brlingthrulife@xxxxxxxxx

  BrailleNote MPower BT 32 for $1000

  I'm lowering the price on my previously mentioned BrailleNote MPower BT 32
for no other reason other than the fact that I have recently obtained two
similar note takers and have no further need of this one. The BrailleNote works
fine, has a legible display, includes charger and the only flaw is a wobbly
space bar. Very good working condition. It's running Keysoft 7.5. Interested
buyers should make payments through paypal
  Contact: Email: brlingthrulife@xxxxxxxxx

  Cell On Technology $50 each item

  I have many items I have no further use for because my computer and iPhone
perform all of the functions I require. For this reason only I am selling the
items listed below. All are in perfect working condition and I would not
presume to sell anything that has not been thorough! ly tested first. All items
are $50 and are being sold as they are, meaning that some do not include
batteries, though all have been tested within the last week to ensure that they
work. Buyers should make payments through paypal. I have posted some of these
items on Blind Bargains before, but have decided to include them in this sale
and lower all prices to $50. 1. Nokia 6682 with Mobile Speak for Symbian Phones
2. a license for Mobile Speak Pocket version 3 3. A tadi pocket organizer
including address book, calendar, calculator and a place to write notes or
memos 4. an olympus DS 50 Digital voice recorder 5. Two tellexx scholar CD
walkman sized victor readers, which can play RFB and D Cd's as well as other
daisy CD's 6. A Noteteller money reader which reads US currency in English and
Spanish 7. a Speechmaster color identifier 8. A talking alarm clock with
thermometer and calendar 9. Two franklin Language master dictionaries, one has
never been used and the other has only been slightly used. 10. a talking
compass 11. two braille labelers Please feel free to contact me with any
further questions.
  Contact: Email: brlingthrulife@xxxxxxxxx

  Pacmate QX440 $1200 OBO

  For sale is a Pacmate QX440 note taker that includes famous detachable 40
cell refreshable braille display that can be used with a desktop or laptop
along with your favorite screen reader. The unit is in perfect working order
and will include an executive products leather carrying case, charger and
origional packing box.
  Contact: If interested please contact me on twitter "AdamCruz79".
  These ads were submitted by users and Blind Bargains is not responsible for
their content.
  9. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  #csun11 Audio: A First Glimpse at the Orion
  #csun11 Audio: Hands-on with DocuScan Plus and the HoverCam Document Camera
  #csun11 Audio: The Long and Winding Road to NVDA
  #csun11 Audio: A Tactile, Braille Mouse
  #csun11: Plextalk Pocket Now Supports Podcasts, Internet Radio, .DOCX,
OpenLibrary, Text Notes, More

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.