[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Monday, February 21

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:39:01 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Blind Bargains Daily Deals
To: Daily Deals
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 6:35 AM
Subject: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Monday, February 21

BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Monday, February 21

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. 7-128 Software February Game of the Month: Musical Memory
  b.. 2. Audio: The Haptica Braille Watch
  c.. 3. Today's ClassifiedsAcer netbook with extended battery and other
accessories for $320
  Note Teller currency reader for $80
  Telex Scholar CD daisy player for $60
  color identifier for $65
  Tady Pocket Organizer for $140
  Patriot Voice Stand-alone talking Scanner for $300
  Nokia N86 with Talks and KNFb Reader for Sale
  Pac Mate Omni BX420 for sale $700
  Special price on 8-GB Talking Sansa Clip Plus or Talking Sansa Fuze!

  d.. 4. Most Popular Recent DealsClinical Research Study Recruitment
  Blind individuals with no light perception needed.
  A local doctor is conducting research to evaluate a new investigational
treatment for insomnia and daytime sleepiness in individuals who are totally
blind.
  Individuals may qualify who:
  * are between 18 and 75 years of age
  * are blind with no light perception
  * have trouble sleeping at night or experience daytime sleepiness
  Participants will be compensated for their time and effort and will receive
study medication and study-related medical evaluation at no cost.
  For more information Call 1-888-389-7033
  M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET or visit their website
  1. 7-128 Software February Game of the Month: Musical Memory
  We're a bit late on posting the 7-128 Game of the Month, but you have until
March 15 to take advantage of the deal. Blind Bargains is continuing its
partnership with 7-128 Software, featuring a new coupon for accessible game
discounts each month.// All 7-128 Software Blind Bargains games work with JAWS
and self-voice using SAPI. Not only that, but when you install your Blind
Bargain game, it automatically upgrades any previously installed 7-128 Software
GameBook or game to use your SAPI voices. For free!// Through March 15th, Blind
Bargains gives you 20% off the GameBook, Perceptions Edition, which includes 5
games: the mystery game Inspector Cyndi in Newport - Death Nell, the memory
game Kim's Game, and 3 word games: The Definition Game, Completion, and
Crambles. Retail is $25, but with the Blind Bargains Coupon, you pay $20.//
This month's separate game is Orchestra, a musical memory game. Retail is $5.
With the Blind Bargains Coupon, you pay $4.// The games are compatible with
Windows PCs, including Windows 7.// 7-128 Software games can be played outside
of the GameBook. Therefore the GameBook is not required before purchasing
additional titles. However, it is still a bargain, and a convenient way to
organize your games. Use coupon **BB1491* to get the deals, and check back next
month for a new selection. Coupon expires on March 15.

  2. Audio: The Haptica Braille Watch
  The Haptica Braille Watch is a new conceptual design featuring refreshable
braille to present the time to the user. Inventor and product designer David
Chavez is behind a major fund raising push to make such a watch a reality and
is currently raising money on Kickstarter.com to make the watch a reality. In
this audio interview, we speak with him and learn more about the watch and how
you could potentially own one of the first Haptica watches for yourself.

  3. Today's Classifieds
  Here are the latest classifieds posted to Blind Bargains. You can submit your
own ad to thousands of potential users for only $5.

  Acer netbook with extended battery and other accessories for $320

  Great deal! I'm selling a lightly used Acer netbook with Windows XP, a demo
of JAWS 12, an external CD Rom Drive, the computer's original battery, the
charger, and an extended battery that has a 5 hour battery life. Everything is
in perfect working condition. In addition, I'm including a case with the fitted
to the netbook's size.
  Contact: email: brlingthrulife@xxxxxxxxx

  Note Teller currency reader for $80

  This is a bill reader that has rarely been used. it reads bills in English
and spanish and takes a nine volt battery.
  Contact: email: brlingthrulife@xxxxxxxxx

  Telex Scholar CD daisy player for $60

  This Daisy CD player is perfect for playing any daisy books from RFB and D
and other companies. It takes four doubleA batteries and has rarely been used
  Contact: email: brlingthrulife@xxxxxxxxx

  color identifier for $65

  standard color identifier for sale that takes a nine volt battery. fully
functional. like new.
  Contact: email: brlingthrulife@xxxxxxxxx

  Tady Pocket Organizer for $140

  This is a fully accessible pocket organizer. It includes: a timer, a
calculator, aphone book, a voice recorder an alarm clock and a calendar. It
talks and it takes 3 tripple A batteries.
  Contact: email: brlingthrulife@xxxxxxxxx

  Patriot Voice Stand-alone talking Scanner for $300

  This is a t! alking scanner, about the size of a standard computer scanner,
comes with realspeak voices and has never been used. The only drawback is that
the AC adapter is currently missing. You can scan documents and transfer them
to a computer.
  Contact: email: brlingthrulife@xxxxxxxxx

  Nokia N86 with Talks and KNFb Reader for Sale

  I am looking to sell my used Nokia N86 cell phone. I used this phone for a
brief time period before switching to the iPhone. It has a few cosmetic
scratches on it from use, but the phone itself is in perfect working condition.
It has the latest versions of Talks and the KNFB reader on it. The Talks
registration is registered to the IMEI number of the phone. I am looking to
sell this Nokia cell phone and software package for 800 dollars, although I am
willing to negociate the price for the best offer. If you are interested in
purchasing this device please contact me by e-mail or from my phone number
listed below.
  Contact: You can contact me via e-mail by sending e-mail to:
drummerguyry@xxxxxxxxx or calling me at (269) 254 8204

  Pac Mate Omni BX420 for sale $700

  Selling because I no longer use it. Running the latest version from FS.
Display and PDA are both in good condition. Comes with North American AC
adapter, sync cable, 16 GB flash card and two wi fi cards. Manuals and other
software can be found online. Asking $700 which includes insured and tracked
shipping anywhere in North America. Willing to ship to Europe, will cost a bit
extra.
  Contact: Contact by EMail: Hicks.brandon2@xxxxxxxxx

  Special price on 8-GB Talking Sansa Clip Plus or Talking Sansa Fuze!

  This time around, we have a special price on both the 8-GB Sansa Fuze and the
8-GB Sansa Clip Plus Talking MP3 Players: $89.99! Regularly priced at $95.99.
Hurry! Sale ends on February 24th! To place your order, just visit:
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/specials.html Free Shipping in the US and
discounted International Shipping (details below)! The Sansa Fuze is about the
size of a credit card and about as thick as 3 or 4 credit cards put together.
It fits nicely in your pocket or in a protective case. This was my favorite
player up until the Sansa Clip Plus replaced it as my favorite player! The
Sansa Clip Plus is tiny, very light, and it clips to your clothes with its
built-in clip, no need for a case!B You can wear it on your clothes while you
exercise or do work around the house, etc.B It's so light, youB might forget
you're wearing it! It measures only 2.16" Height x 1.36" Width x 0.60" Depth
and weighs just 0.85 oz! This is now officialy my favorite player! These
talking Rockboxed Sansa MP3 Players are two of the most affordable and
feature-packed talking MP3 players available on the market today! You can enjoy
listening to your favorite music, audiobooks, audio-described films in MP3 or
OGG, or the FM radio. You can expand the memory using micro SDHC cards, and you
can even record voice notes from the built-in microphone or straight from the
radio! And, there's no need to use any hard-to-use music management programs,
you just copy and paste your audio folders and files into your own folders on
the player! What could be simpler than that? They're absolutely fantastic! If
you thought a screenless MP3 player was accessible, wait until you start using
one of our Talking MP3 Players! Forget about having to pay hundreds of dollars
for a talking MP3 player.B Forget about having to use some less-than-blind
friendly music management program just to use your MP3 player,B And, don't even
think about having to fork out money for specialized scripts just to make that
music management program somewhat accessible. On these talking MP3 players, you
can create your own folders, copy and paste folders and files into them, and
set up your music library any way you want.B It's completely under your
control. When you purchase these players from us, they'll arrive completely set
up for use and speaking the menus, sub-menus, folders, and files, *you can
enable the speaking of your own folders and files with the use of the included
utility*, All system information is spoken, i.e. battery level, time and date,
how much space is left on your player and microSD card, etc. These MP3 players
play MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC, MP4, M4A, AIFF, plus many more other file types,
*excluding encrypted/protected files*.B The built-in FM Radio is fully
accessible and has a capacity of 64 presets.B You can record from the FM radio
or record voice notes through the built-in mono microphone.B They have great
bookmarking capabilities, able to maintain your 10 most recent bookmarks.B
Plus, you can expand your player's memory by using microSD or microSDHC memory
cards, of which we carry the 4, 8, and 16-GB cards on our site. You'll have a
wide array of options to customize the sound of your player, including such
basic items as bass, treble, and balance controls!B Now, thatbs something you
donbt see in many MP3 players! For the next week, the special price is just
$89.99 for Your choice of the 8-GB Sansa Clip Plus or the 8-GB Sansa Fuze
Talking MP3 Player! Hurry! Sale ends on February 24th! To place your order,
just visit: http://www.talkingmp3players.com/specials.html Be sure to use the
combo boxes when you place your order and choose the accessories you want, or
visit the accessories page to see what accessories we have, microSDHC cards,
Fold Out Speaker Stand, Travel charger, and more!!
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/accessories.html When you purchase one of our
players, you get: Your chosen talking Sansa MP3 player (refurbished)
USB/charging cable Earphones Quick-Start Guide in text and Rockbox Manual in
PDF format right on the player 2 separate utilities included for enabling your
own folders and files to be spoken. Free customer/tech support via email,
Skype, or phone 90-day replacement warranty All prices are in US dollars.
Shipping & handling is free in the US, and discounted on international orders.
To avoid any delays when placing orders with a destination outside the US,
please be sure to select the appropriate international shipping method from the
combo box on the checkout page. (Instructions for larger orders are included on
our shopping cart page.) http://www.talkingmp3players.com/shopping-cart.html We
accept all major credit cards, PayPal, and Google Checkout through our online
checkout, or call us to place your order at: 727-498-0121 or Skype me at:
lazmesa If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
  Contact: Email: accessibleelectronics@xxxxxxxxx Phone: 727 498-0121 Skype
name: lazmesa Facebook: facebook.com/laz.mesa.
  These ads were submitted by users and Blind Bargains is not responsible for
their content.
  4. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  Audio: The Haptica Braille Watch
  Nuance Releases Talks 5.20 for Symbian Phones
  Kindle 3 Manual Available as Text from Blind Bargains, Reveals More on TTS
and Voice Guide
  Window-Eyes 7.5 Public Beta is Now Available
  Transcend StoreJet 500 GB shock-resistant USB Portable External Hard Drive
for $69.00 shipped

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.