[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Friday, February 24

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:05:29 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Blind Bargains Daily Deals
To: Daily Deals
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 6:37 AM
Subject: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Friday, February 24

BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Friday, February 24

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. #CSUN12: Perkins Imports Latest Seika Braille Display as Perkins Mini,
Updates Brailler Again
  b.. 2. #CSUN12: Code Factory Announces Braille Support for Android with
Mobile Accessibility V1.9
  c.. 3. Today's ClassifiedsTalking MP3 Players Discounted, 30% off MicroSD
cards, & 20% off other Accessories!

  d.. 4. Most Popular Recent DealsDo you ever feel like your sleep patterns are
different than the rest of the world? Do you sometimes feel the unwanted urge
or need to fall asleep during the day time when you need to be awake? Do you
also find that you feel just too wide awake to fall or stay asleep during the
night time? If you are blind, this could be due to a real sleep problem related
to the lack of light needed to keep your body's internal clock in sync with the
day and night cycle. If you or someone you know might be affected, please call
1-888-389-7033 or email info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to learn about an ongoing
clinical research study that is evaluating a new investigational treatment for
this type of sleep problem. When calling or online at www.non24registry.com you
can also complete a short sleep survey. For each completed survey, $25 will be
donated to an organization that supports individuals with blindness. You may be
eligible to participate in the clinical trial if you are between 18 and 75
years of age and are totally blind. Volunteers will be compensated for their
participation in the clinical study and will receive study related medication,
medical evaluations, and transportation at no cost.
  1. #CSUN12: Perkins Imports Latest Seika Braille Display as Perkins Mini,
Updates Brailler Again
  Perkins Products has announced a couple of new items which they will be
displaying at CSUN. First, the Perkins Mini is the latest Seika braille display
to make its way to the U.S. It sports 16 cells, Bluetooth connectivity and a
braille input keyboard. It's compatible with major screen readers and iOS
devices with Android support on its way. Preorders are being taken now for
$1,549. Also, Perkins is going for a restart on its next generation brailler.
They are aiming to solve many of the problems which riddled the first release
of the brailler by featuring more resilient construction, an improved backspace
function, and an improved line spacing mechanism. They're available now for
$710. We'll be sure to check these out at CSUN and report back.

  2. #CSUN12: Code Factory Announces Braille Support for Android with Mobile
Accessibility V1.9
  Code factory has officially announced braille support for Android devices
with Mobile Accessibility 1.9. The company will be demoing the updated software
next week at the CSUN conference during specific sessions, as well as at
several of their partners booths. Version 1.9 of Mobile Accessibility is
expected to land on the Android Market by the end of march.

  3. Today's Classifieds
  Here are the latest classifieds posted to Blind Bargains. You can submit your
own ad to thousands of potential users for only $5.

  Talking MP3 Players Discounted, 30% off MicroSD cards, & 20% off other
Accessories!

  We're offering a blow-out special of 30% off all microSD cards: 4, 8, 16, and
32-GB, with no other purchase necessary! Great savings to be had on microSD
cards especially the 32-GB cards! We're also discounting Talking Sansa Clip
Plus players 4GB for $69.99 or 8GB for $89.99! Another blow-out discount! And
the icing on top of the cake is that with your Clip Plus player purchase, you
also get 20% off all other accessories as well as the 30% off microSD cards!
This blow-out special is your chance to order at very low prices, but it ends
on March 2nd so hurry! We sell mainstream Sansa MP3 Players which we've
modified into Talking MP3 Players to enable blind/vision-impaired individuals
to use them as if sighted. They don't require any music management software,
have accessible talking menus, and are priced very affordably. Our players
arrive fully set up and speaking, and you can easily use the included utility
to enable the speaking of your own folders and files. To listen to a
presentation using our newest Talking MP3 Player, visit
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/demo.html Visit our accessories page to read
about the accessories we carry, microSDHC cards, Fold Out Speaker Stand, Travel
charger, cases, and more. http://www.talkingmp3players.com/accessories.html For
more information or to place your order, just visit
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/specials.html The Sansa Fuze is the older
model, is about the size of a credit card, and uses a scroll wheel for
navigation. B The Sansa Clip Plus is the newer model, about half the size of
the Fuze, has a clip on the back so it can be attached to clothing, and uses
buttons for navigation. B They both have the same features and functions. B
However I find the Clip Plus easier to use and is the one I recommend most
often. Our players include these great features: Play most popular file formats
*excluding encrypted types, fully accessible FM Radio with many presets, record
from radio or voice notes with built-in mono mic, expandable up to an extra 32
GB with microSD cards, speed up or slow down tracks without affecting pitch,
wake up alarm and sleep timer, compatible with Windows, MAC, and Linux
operating systems, just copy and paste folders and files onto the player or
memory card, outstanding sound, plus much more! All prices are in US dollars.
Shipping & handling is free in the US, and discounted on international orders.
To avoid any delays when placing orders with a destination outside the US,
please be sure to select the appropriate international shipping method from the
combo box on the checkout page. Instructions for larger international orders
are included on our shopping cart page
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/shopping-cart.html We accept all major credit
cards, PayPal, and Google Checkout through our online checkout, or you can call
727-498-0121 or Skype lazmesa to place your credit card order. If you have any
questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
  Contact: Email: accessibleelectronics@xxxxxxxxx Phone: 727 498-0121 Skype:
lazmesa Facebook: facebook.com/laz.mesa
  These ads were submitted by users and Blind Bargains is not responsible for
their content.
  4. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  #CSUN12: Code Factory Announces Braille Support for Android with Mobile
Accessibility V1.9
  Logitech Wireless Combo Mouse and Keyboard for $17.77 Shipped
  Buy a BookSense, Get a $50 iTunes Gift Card
  #CSUN12: Perkins Imports Latest Seika Braille Display as Perkins Mini,
Updates Brailler Again
  #CSUN12: Sendero Group Announces Development on Accessible GPS iPhone App

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.