[accesscomp] Fw: Adaptive Information Systems, Dan's tip for August 16 2013

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 09:10:55 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 8:16 AM
Subject: Adaptive Information Systems, Dan's tip for August 16 2013

First I extend an invitation to anyone who wishes to share a tech tip to be
shared with the group.  Thanks for your patience with my sometime later in the
day postings.

Adaptive Information Systems

 I have inserted an asterisk before each major section of this article.  The
find and replace feature of a word processor can be used to jump between the
three main sections.

*I.  HomePage of Adaptive Information Systems Inc.

http://www.adaptiveinformation.org/

1.  There is one heading on the home page explain that the owner is very sick
and the site is undergoing transition.  The first heading explains the site
owner is seriously sick and the site will be undergoing transition.

From the site:

"Adaptive Information Systems is currently undergoing transitional leadership
due to the owner having life threatening medical issues. Hopefully business
will eventually continue by the help of family members. Thank you everyone who
has supported Adaptive Information Systems and for all the thoughts, prayers,
and support for Roger Behm and his family during this difficult time."

2.  Links on the HomePage include the following:

a.

      For good original country music, the Country Club monthly newsletter and
audio magazine, check out Ray Starr's World at www.cheeseheadhosting.us. Also
for those who love Old Time radio you will find tens of thousands of Old Time
radio shows and over 2,000 DVS movies audio files too!

b. Specials

http://adaptiveinformation.org/specials.php

Information available in this section depends on what is available that day,
week or month.  Today one will find the following/.

"AIS offers many online instant off coupons on many of AIS products.

They range from $25.00 to $500.00 off, watch for the designation before
products stating coupon available!"

c.  Downloads

http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.ph

This section contains several heading attached to links where the visitor is
taken to a page of downloads regarding the topic of that heading.   I will
address how to download a file under roman numeral three  llater in this
article.  later in this.  The process for download is the same for any file.

Below is the list of headings and links.

Demos
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=Demos

Brochures
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=Brochures

Updates
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=Updates

Manuals
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=Manuals

android files
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=android files

Miscellaneous
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=Miscellaneous

TOBI DAISY FILES
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=TOBI DAISY FILES

Specials
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=Specials

This is not the same specials list explained previously.

OBI DAISY FILES
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=OBI DAISY FILES

Freeware
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=Freeware

AIS Docs
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=AIS Docs

OBI daisy files
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=OBI daisy files

nuance software voices
http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=nuance software voices

window-eyes files
·         http://adaptiveinformation.org/downloads.php?link=window-eyes files

d.  products

http://adaptiveinformation.org/products.php

This section gives a list of products available through Adaptive Information
Systems.

On the date of writing this article, there were 39 products available.

Visitors using a screenreader can move through the product list by pressing the
letter h.  Below each product is a item code and cost.

E.  Blind Friendly Links

http://adaptiveinformation.org/links.php

Here one can find a wide range of blind friendly  links.  I am inserting all of
them under roman numeral two.

f.  contact us

Adaptive Information Systems Incorporated
1611 Clover Lane
Janesville WI, 53545-1388
Toll Free: (877) 792 4768
International: +1 (608) 758 0933
Fax: +1 (608) 758 7898

Next on this section of the page is a link to send the site owner, Roger, an
email.

*II.  List of Blind Friendly Links:

First I will once again include the main link to access all the blind friendly
links listed on the Adaptive Informations SystemsHome page.

Blind Friendly Links main link

http://adaptiveinformation.org/links.php

Below are all the individual blind links.

·      National Federation of the Blind http://www.nfb.org

·      National Federation of the Blind of Wisconsin http://www.nfbwis.org

·      HumanWare http://www.humanware.com

·      GW Micro http://www.gwmicro.com

·      AI Squared http://www.aisquared.com

·      Duxbury Systems http://www.duxsys.com

·      Sendero Group http://www.senderogroup.com

·      KNFB Mobile Reader http://knfbreader.com

·      Plextalk http://www.plextalk.com/in/

·      Access Technology Institute - Tutorials for the Blind
http://www.accesstechnologyinstitute.com

·      Reading Made Easy http://www.premier-programming.com

·      NLS digital books and magazines https://nlsbard.loc.gov

·      Bookshare http://bookshare.org

·      RFB&D http://www.rfbd.org/

·      NIMAS Guides http://nimas.cast.org

·      National Braille Press http://www.nbp.org

·      Next generation jaysay jawbones dragon http://www.ngtvoice.com/products/

·      Handytech North America http://www.handytech.us

·      Code Factory http://www.codefactory.es/en/

·      Nuance TALKS http://www.nuance.com/

·      En-vision America http://www.envisionamerica.com

·      Freedom Scientific http://www.freedomscientific.com

·      EVAS Reading Systems http://www.reading-systems.com

·      Enabling Technologies http://www.brailler.com

·      The Radio Music for Listening http://www.theradio.com

·      Classic TV Shows http://www.classicmediadvd.com/

·      Dancing Dots http://www.dancingdots.com

·      ACB http://www.acb.org

·      AFB http://www.afb.org

·      Iowa Commision for the Blind http://www.blind.state.ia.us

·      American Printing house for the Blind http://www.aph.org

·      National Réhabilitation Information Center http://www.naric.com

·      Colorado Center for the Blind http://www.cocenter.org

·      Blind Inc. http://www.blindinc.org

·      Louisiana Center for the Blind http://www.lcb-ruston.com

·      Wisconsin Center for Blind and Visually Impaired
http://www.wcbvi.k12.wi.us

·      Wisconsin Council for the Blind http://wcblind.org

·

*III.  Downloading a file from Adaptive Information Systems:

1.  Visist the link below which is the HomePage of Adaptive Information Systems.

http://www.adaptiveinformation.org/

If using a mouse, click on the "downloads" link.

Screenreader users do the following:

a.  Press control plus the letter f.

b.  type in "down" without quotes and press enter.

c.  You are placed on the "downloads" link so press enter to activate this
link.  Yes, one could arrow down to the link.But using the find option is
quicker.

If using a screenreader:

a.  Press control plus the letter f.

b.  Type in "manual" without quotes and press enter.

c.  Press enter again and you are in the page of manuals.

If using a mouse, click on the "manuals" link.

4.  If using a screenreader, press control plus the letter f.

b.  Type in "id" without quotes and hit enter.

c. If using a mouse, highlight the  link for "id mate quest bar code reader and
more from en-vision america review.mp3"

5.  Using a screenreader,

a.  Press the application key and arrow to "save target as" and hit enter.

b.  If using a mouse, click the right mouse button and then click on "save
target as."

Navigate to where you would like to save the file being downloaded.

7.  if using a screenreader, press alt plus the letter s.  you should hear the
progress of the download.

If using a mouse, click on save. You will see the  progress on screen.

The process explained in steps five through seven is how you download any file
on this site and most others.

I have download all the updates, manuals and am currently working on all the
freeware files.

Next week I will give a detailed explanation on how to down files from "Ray
Star's World."

That site has over ten thousand old time radio shows and much more.

This Week's Verse and Inspiring Thought

Walk In Love

Ephesians 5:2:  And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for
us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (ESV)

Thought:  Walk in Love

The love described here is agape love. Christ demonstrated how to walk in love
by his supreme example. When he washed the disciples' feet, when he fed the
hungry, when he healed the hurting, when he offered himself up on the cross, he
taught us how to walk in love.

We love one another with gifts of sacrifice. As we love like Jesus, we become a
fragrant offering, pleasing to God.

Prayer:  Father Mother Head of all that exist, let me be wheat sown in the
earth, to be harvested for you. I want to follow wherever you lead me. Give me
fresh hope and joy in serving you all the days of my life and walk in love for
others.  In the name of Jesus, Amen..

To receive emails regarding Dan's daily Tips or the Daily HotSpot Devotional,
send an email to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with "subscribe Dan's Tips" or "subscribe
Hotspot Devotional" in the subjectline.

This email has been scanned by MSA