[accesscomp] Fw: Accessible World Tektalk Presents My Favorite Consumer product July 12

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 20:34:49 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Acosta
To: Bob Acosta
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 4:20 PM
Subject: Accessible World Tektalk Presents My Favorite Consumer product July 12

    Accessible World Tek Talk presents "My Favorite Consumer Product," July 12,
2010

News Wire:

Dear Friends,

Our first meeting in July will be a two hour Tek Talk presentation in which
you, the consumer, will have the opportunity to discuss your favorite
non-blindness product. Do you ever find yourself wishing you could tell the
world about something you now use and can't imagine living without?

If you do, , you will have ten minutes in which to tell us Why you love it and
why we will too.  How do you use it?  Where can we buy it and how much does it
cost? Is there a special feature you particularly like? Please allow some time
for questions during your ten minute presentation.

Those wishing to participate should write to me answering the questions above.
We will get back to you if you are chosen.

If you wish to record your ten minute presentation, send me your file and we'll
play it for you.

We look forward to hearing from you and believe this will be an excellent
program for the summer.

Date: Monday, July 12, 2010

Time:  5:00 PM PDT, 6:00 PM MDT, 7:00 PM CDT, and 8:00 PM EDT

           and elsewhere in the world Tuesday 00:00 GMT

Approximately 15 minutes prior to the event start time; go to The Pat Price Tek
Talk Training Room at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rsc9613dc89eb2

Or, alternatively.

Select The Pat Price Tek Talk Training Room at: www.accessibleworld.org

Enter your first and last names on the sign-in screen.

All Tek Talk training events are recorded so if you are unable to participate
live at the above times then you may download the presentation or podcast from
the Tek Talk archives on our website at www.accessibleworld.org

If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online conferencing
software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download and
then run. A link to the software is available on every entry screen to the
Accessible World online rooms.

All online interactive programs are free of charge, and open to anyone
worldwide having an Internet connection, a computer, speakers, and a sound
card. Those with microphones can interact audibly with the presenters and
others in the virtual audience or text chat with the attendees. To speak to us,
hold down the control key and talk; then let up to listen.

Accessible World uses News Wires, like this one, to inform people of the topic
and times for the many Discussion Groups on Accessible World. The lists are
announce only to keep the traffic to a minimum. You can join the Accessible
World Announce List, the Tek Talk Announce List or the Sports Talk Announce
List by completing the form at: www.accessibleworld.org/mailinglists

Accessible World also provides a Tek Talk Discussion List. This list is
intended to give you an opportunity to ask computer related questions, suggest
topics to be used in the weekly Monday training programs, or just to interact
with others interested in using assistive devices to access computers. You may
sign up for this list by selecting the Tek Talk Discussion link on the same
page and completing the form.

Accessible World Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair

Accessible World

818-998-0044

Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx

Web: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

Marcia Moses, Events Coordinator

Accessible World

734-495-1496

Email: mgmoses@xxxxxxxxxxx

Steve Hoffman, President

Talking Communities

Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Accessible World, a division of Helping Hands For The Blind, a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public, the disabled
community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly relevant
information about new products, services, and training opportunities designed
specifically to eliminate geographic and access barriers that adversely affect
them

Robert Acosta, President
Helping Hands for the Blind
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

You can assist Helping Hands for the Blind by donating your used computers to
us. If you have a blind friend in need of a computer, please mail us at the
above address.