[accesscomp] Fw: Accessibility.TV , videos about assistive technology, Dan's tip for September 12 2013

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 18:18:13 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 5:46 PM
Subject: Accessibility.TV , videos about assistive technology, Dan's tip for
September 12 2013

Sorry for the lateness of this message.  I had a few meetings today and it took
a while to gather all the information of the website's content.

Accessibility.TV seems to strive to be a one-stop site to view adaptive
technology demonstration and

training videos made by different companies.

Accessibility.TV - Dedicated to Assistive Technology

"About Us:

Accessibility.TV was founded in Omaha, Nebraska and provides a free service for
people to learn more about assistive technology. We operate with volunteers and
appreciate feedback on this website."

On the home page you will find the following links.  Each link will be
explained later.

1. Home: Obviously you are taken back to the homepage.

http://www.accessibility.tv/index.htm

2.  About Us:

http://www.accessibility.tv/about.html

3. Mission:

http://www.accessibility.tv/mission.html

4. Vender:

http://www.accessibility.tv/vendor.html

On this page are 19 links to venders of Assistive technology.  When activating
a link, accesses another page with a video.  Once reaching a chosen company, a
flash player is available.

If you are using a mouse, click the  play button.

If using a screenreader, press the letter b follow by tapping the spacebar.

Below is a  list of what the companies are  offering on Friday September 13
2013:

a.  Ai Squared

http://www.accessibility.tv/ai-squared.html

There are two videos.

First is Zoomtext 10 from Ai Squared at the Sight Village 2011

Secondly:  i-loview from Ai Squared

b.  ALVA

http://www.accessibility.tv/alva.html

ALVA BC640   Braille Device

c.  Apple Computer

features on the Iphone

d.  Assistive Technology

Screenreader trying out Easy.Assistive technology opening doorsThis video shows
someone trying out a screenreader.  I think the software is called "easy."

http://www.accessibility.tv/assistive-technology.html

e.  Bookshare

This a how to use bookshare.

http://www.accessibility.tv/bookshare.html

f.  Dolphin Computer Products

This video shows the "easy converter" used for creating digital talkingbooks

http://www.accessibility.tv/dolphincomputer.html

g.  Duxbury Systems

Here you are shown Duxbury in general.

http://www.accessibility.tv/duxburysystems.html

h.  Enabling Technology

The Romeo and Juliet Series Embossers are shown in this video.

http://www.accessibility.tv/enabling-technologies.html

I.   Enhanced Vision Systems

Focus of this video is on the Pebble.

http://www.accessibility.tv/enhancedvisionsystems.html

j.    Freedom Scientific

The Pearl and Sara reading systems are shown in this video.

http://www.accessibility.tv/freedomscientific.html

k.  Freedom Scientific LEARNING SYSTEMS GROUP

The WYNN learning system is the focus here.

http://www.accessibility.tv/freedomscientificLSG.html

l.  Google

Google I/O 2008 - Design Patterns for Enhanced Accessibility are shown off in
this video.

http://www.accessibility.tv/google.html

m.  GW Micro

Window-eyes is demonstrated in this video.

http://www.accessibility.tv/gwmicro.html

n.  Humanware

The HumanWare Brailliant Braille Display is on display here.

http://www.accessibility.tv/humanware.html

o.  Index Braille

Visiters to this page are shown the Index brailler line on the job.

http://www.accessibility.tv/index-braille.html

p.  Microsoft

This one shows the magnifier and on screen keyboard

http://www.accessibility.tv/microsoft.html

q.  Nokia

This video shows the Nokia Braille Reader.

http://www.accessibility.tv/nokia.html

r.   Sendero Group

You are shown a video about GPS in general for the visually impaired.

http://www.accessibility.tv/sendero.html

s.  Web Applications

Visiters are shown the "Web Anywhere" Screenreader on the go.

http://www.accessibility.tv/webapplications.html

5.  The next link on the Accessibility.TV homepage is:

provider

http://www.accessibility.tv/provider.html

This page provides a list of training providers. Below is a list to their
homepages.

a.  Chicago Lighthouse

http://www.accessibility.tv/Chicago-Lighthouse.html

b.  NEBRASKA low vision, formally vision helpers

http://www.accessibility.tv/NebraskaLowVision.html

c.  discover skills

http://www.accessibility.tv/DicoverSkills.html

d.  utah assistive technology program

http://www.accessibility.tv/Utah-ATP.html

e.  iowa low vision, formally vision helpers

http://www.accessibility.tv/iowalowvision.html

6.  the next link on the home page is

product

http://www.accessibility.tv/product.html

Here are 12 links where the various products can be obtained.

a.

Book player

This video is about the Victor Reader  Stratus.

http://www.accessibility.tv/bookplayer.html

b.  Bookshare Service

http://www.accessibility.tv/bookshare.html

c.  Braille Display

Here you get to check out the ALVA BC640 Braille

http://www.accessibility.tv/brailledisplays.html

d.  Braille Translation Software

Duxbury is the focus of this video.

http://www.accessibility.tv/braille-translation.html

e.  Desktop Video Magnifier

the Freedom Scientific Topaz XL HD Desktop Video   Magnifier is the focus of
this video.

http://www.accessibility.tv/desktop-video-magnifier.html

f.  Embossers

This page leads to information about Enabling Technologies.

g.  Assistive Technology for Low Vision

Here you find more about the Utah Assistive Technology   Technology Program

http://www.accessibility.tv/AT-LowVision.html

h.  Note Taker

this video is about the EmPower.  I am surprised it is not showing the Apex.

http://www.accessibility.tv/notetaker.html

i.  Smart phone

the Iphone is the focus here.

http://www.accessibility.tv/smartphone.html

j.  Software Magnification

Zomtext is on display here.

k.  T-Coils: A Hidden benefit in hearing aids

http://www.accessibility.tv/T-Coils-hearingaid.html

l.  Handheld Video Magnifier

this video shows the Humanware Smartview Pocket.

http://www.accessibility.tv/handheld-video-magnifier.html

6.  Frequently answered Questions is the next link on the Accessibility.TV
homepage.

We hope these answers help you! If you don't find the answer you're looking
for, please contact us at

atinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

Interested persons can post videos on the site. The information how to do this
is on the FAQ page  link shown below.

http://www.accessibility.tv/faq.html

7.    News is the next link.

Assess TV is currently looking for volunteers in several areas.  If interested,
go to the link below for more information.

http://www.accessibility.tv/news.html

Volunteers are needed for:

Website designers, graphic artists, database, Java, and flash, videa camera,
video editor.

The next link is

http://www.accessibility.tv/contact.html

http://www.accessibility.tv/contact.html8.

      Accessibility.TV
      11110 Fort Street, suite 102
      Omaha, NE, USA 68164
     Postal Address:

      Accessibility.TV
      PO Box 641948
      Omaha, NE, USA 68164

      Phone: 402-491-3191
      Fax: 402-491-3221
      Toll-Free: 866-539-4357

      E-mail:
      General

Phone: 402-491-3191
Fax: 402-491-3221
Toll-Free: 866-539-4357

Email:   atinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts
in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock."

Isaiah 26:3-4

To receive emails regarding Dan's daily Tips or the Daily HotSpot Devotional,
send an email to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with "subscribe Dan's Tips" or "subscribe
Hotspot Devotional" in the subjectline.

This email has been scanned by MSA