[accesscomp] FW: supplement to VictorStream NLS BARD access, Dan's extra tip for Tuesday September 23rd, 2014

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 06:51:40 -0700

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org

From: dan Thompson [mailto:dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 8:07 PM
To: dan Thompson
Subject: supplement to VictorStream NLS BARD access, Dan's extra tip for
Tuesday September 23rd, 2014

                Supplement to VictorStream BARD Access Tip

I have found that the books downloaded must be read via WIFI.  The books are
not put into the talking books folder.

Here is what I need to do for reading a downloaded book.

1.  Make sure the WIFI is connected.  If the wifi is not turned off when
powering off the Stream, when powering on, a prompt of "please wait" will be
repeated until connection is made.

So once you are connected, move to the next step.

2.  If you turned off the stream while reading a book that was downloaded
from the BARD online feature, that is where you will be placed.  However, I
am going to access BARD with the number one key, (book shelf) to provide a
better example of getting to the BARD book library.

3.  Press number one until hearing "nls bard." If there is one or more books
which you downloaded, that number will be spoken.  In my case it says "NLS
BARD, one book, one" The second one is for chapter one since I had started
reading the book.

4.  Move to the next downloaded book by pressing number six.  If there are
no more downloaded books, Victorstream will voice, "ssearch for NLS BARD
books." That is where pressing cinfirm would open the site for exploration.

I thought it necessary to share this extra bit of info for those wondering
why the downloaded book did not end up in the talking book section.

I hope there will be a way to read the books without being connected to
WIFI.

If there is and I haven't found it yet, please accept my apology  Humanware
and others who have already found how to do  just that.

Thanks for putting up with the double tips for tomorrow.

"We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right,
our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God."

- St. Francis De Sales

To subscribe to Dan's tips or dedaily devotions, send an email to
dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with either "subscribe dan's tips" or "subscribe daily
devotion" in the subject.

This message has been scanned by Norton 360