[accesscomp] FW: "should i block it?" and "world fact book.", Dan's tip for September 12 2014

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 10:51:20 -0700

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org

From: dan Thompson [mailto:dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:33 AM
To: dan Thompson
Subject: "should i block it?" and "world fact book.", Dan's tip for
September 12 2014

I am very sorry for no tip yesterday.  Storms and rain have messed around
with our connection to the internet.  Email came on long enough to send out
a devotion but then disappeared again.  Fortunately, all storms are gone.
But now it seems like winter has visited much too soon.
Anyway, here are two tips.  The start is marked with an asterisk.

Have a relaxing blessed weekend!

1.  World Fact Book
<https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html>
The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government,
economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and
transnational issues for 267 world entities. The Reference tab includes:
maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical
Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, a World Oceans map, and a
Standard Time Zones of the World map. Tons of great information.
Side note: the World Fact Book is created and maintained by the Central
Intelligence Agency branch of the US government.

Note from Dan:

a.  Move straight to the "world fact book" with a screenreader by accessing
find, (control plus the letter f) and type in world.  Then tap enter.

b.  Hit enter again to activate the "world fact book" link.

c.  A new page opens and you are presented with a puldown list of countries.

d.  Press alt plus down arrow to open the list.

e.  Choose a country by first letter.

f.  tab once out of the list.

g.  Press the letter h and the cursor is placed on "introduction" followed
by a chosen country's name.

If using a mouse,

a.  click on the world factbook link.

b.  highlight a country.

c.  move down to "introduction" followed by the name of a country you have
chosen.  The rest is up to your reading.

The site URL is next.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html

2.  Should I Block It? <http://shouldiblockit.com/>
This useful site helps discover what processes and services are running on
your computer. If you've wondered what that oddly named file, service or
process is and wonder if it's legitimate or malicious but didn't know where
to look, this is a great site to check first. There are many (many!) sites
that say they can tell what a process is, but sadly I've found most of them
don't contain the information I'm looking for, and some results on some
sites are inaccurate. This site has a good search function and a handy list
of common processes.

http://shouldiblockit.com/

This is a sister site to Should I Remove It?
<http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/>

,  and is definitely a good site to visit and bookmark.

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/

Source site for information is rhiannon
<http://www.techsupportalert.com/users/rhiannon>

http://www.techsupportalert.com/view/treats

Prayer for Inner Peace

Lord, help me to live in Your joy and peace. Give me strength and
understanding to resist anxiety, anger, envy, depression, bitterness,
hopelessness, loneliness, fear and guilt. Rescue me when "my spirit is
overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is distressed" (Psalm 143:4). I
refuse to let my life be brought down by negative emotions such as these.

When I am tempted to give in to them, show me Your Truth. You have said in
Your Word that by our patience we can possess our souls (Luke 21:19) Give me
patience so I can do that. Help me to keep my 'heart with all diligence,"
for I know that "out of it spring the issues of life: (Proverbs 4:23).

To subscribe to Dan's tips or dedaily devotions, send an email to
dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with either "subscribe dan's tips" or "subscribe daily
devotion" in the subject.

This message has been scanned by Norton 360